Chapter 1 (Meeting Mavis and Ronnie Halstead)

V-I

-Eunice's POV-

            It came as a shock as I see my name sitting in second place of this year's rankings. I was the running top student of Halstead School of Arts and Music and suddenly someone has thrown me out of my place. Second place is not good enough for me. For three years I have studied my all to stay on top. Every year you have to take the entrance exam to stay in this school which is pretty hard if you ask me. With my gaze still lock on my name, I didn't notice Rilee standing beside me.

"Wow. Who beat you?" she asks while she looks for her name somewhere in 7th place.

"I don't know, I haven't checked yet" I say, eyes still glued to 2nd place.

"Oh well, I can check it if you want" she suggests but I shake my head.

"No need. I'm going to check it myself to see who I'm going up against" I tell her and we both look at the number 1 spot to see Mavis Halstead there. I frown before I hear a scream from behind me as two girls stand in front of the board and look at it.

"Number one. Not bad Mavis" current 3rd placer Julia Miles says to her companion who just shrugs before walking away. I watch them go before hearing some students whisper.

"Wasn't that Mavis Halstead? I heard she has photographic memory and that she used to study alone in the headmaster's office" I hear a girl say making me curios.

"So she finally makes an appearance" Rilee says getting a questioning look from me. She chuckles before dragging me away from the list to our lockers. "She doesn't like socializing with people so she opted to study in the headmaster's office. I'm surprised she's taking classes with the rest of us now" she explains to me as we open our lockers to take out our binders for the start of class.

"I can't believe this. I've been the top student for 3 years and now I have to go against someone with photographic memory. How am I supposed to beat that?" I find myself asking as we take our seats for our first class.

"You can't" I hear a voice say behind me making me frown as I turn around. It was none other than Mavis herself smiling at me. Something's off with this girl.

"Excuse me?" I snap giving her a deadly glare. She seems surprise as she puts her hands up in defense.

"I'm sorry if I said anything offensive, it's just that I've been trying to beat Mavis myself since we're kids so...."she trails off making me confuse. She must've seen the frown on my face so she smiles again putting her hands down. "You thought I'm Mavis. No actually I'm her sister Veronica but you can call me Ronnie" she says stretching her hand out to me. I look at it before looking back at her, she still had that smile on her face. I take it and shake her hand before the door slides open and in comes Mavis herself with a blank expression before frowning when her eyes found us.

"You have the same class as me?" she questions, to whom she directed that question is a mystery until Ronnie nods her head. Mavis rolls her eyes before taking a seat on the vacant chair on my left next to the window. I look back and forth to the two siblings, they almost look alike, I thought to myself.

"I'm sorry I glared at you earlier" I say to Ronnie who just smiles at me.

"Don't worry about it. People usually mistake us because we almost look alike" she says before our teacher comes in and immediately starts the lesson.

A/N: Tell me what you guys think? Should I continue or delete it? :)