Chapter 3 (Project Making)

-Eunice's POV-

            The day ends and I find myself waiting for Mavis to arrive while I listen to some music on my iPod. My mind drifts off to Ronnie for a while, how different she is from Mavis and how she always has this calming aura surrounding her while Mavis on the other hand always has this dark and mysterious aura around her. Not many people like to get in her way but most of my classmates are curious to know more about the mysterious Halstead. The knock on the door reels me back in and I walk to open it and see Mavis standing in my porch, blank expression as always.

"Come on in" I step aside letting her in. "Just put your bag anywhere" I tell her and she drops her bag near the couch before looking around the living room. "Do you want a drink or something?" I ask her not really knowing how to start up a conversation.

"No thanks. Let's start right away so we can finish this early" she states walking to my keyboard, I follow her suit. "Where are your headphones?" she asks looking around.

"Wait, I'll go get them" I tell her walking to my room before walking back to the living room giving her my headphones which she quickly plugs into my keyboard.

"You finalize the concept while I work on the music" she tells me before focusing her attention on pressing different keys. I did what I was told and half an hour later, there was a knock on my door. I frown not expecting anyone else other than Mavis; I walk to my door and open it. Ronnie smiles at me and I smile back.

"Hi. I hope I'm not interrupting you guys" she says as I let her in and sure enough Mavis was glaring deadly at her but she didn't even flinch. I close the door and lead Ronnie to the couch while feeling the atmosphere change.

"What are you doing here Ronnie?" Mavis asks taking off the headphones.

"Well, since I can't hang out with Eunice at our place, I figured I'll just hang out here at her place. I snoop around your things and found her address" Ronnie explains and I suddenly see Mavis' eyes change emotion.

"You snooped around my things?" she asks calmly but there was an undeniable anger underneath.

"Well, since I didn't know her address I looked into your stuff" I watch as Mavis suddenly stands up and walks to her bag slinging it on her shoulder before walking to the door. I run up to her before she could open it and stop her.

"Where are you going? We're not done with the project yet" I tell her. She looks at me and looks at Ronnie. "Come on, we have to finish the project. It's due tomorrow" I add before she relents and walks back to put her bag in the same place as before.

"You!" she points at Ronnie harshly. "You will not talk to Eunice when we're in the process of making the video, you will not try and help us in anything and most of all, don't you dare invade my privacy again!" she says threateningly and Ronnie nods her smile gone Mavis gives her a glare that says 'I'll get you if you don't follow my instructions' which for me was pretty scary. She then turns to me and her face softens. "I've finished the music, you can listen to it and then we can make the video" she says and I follow her to my keyboard as she hands me the headphones and plays the song. I find myself tapping along the music that filled my ears, she's good, I admit mentally but I'll never admit it out loud. I look at the girl and see her with a smirk as I stop my tapping before taking off the headphones.

"It's good" I tell her with a nonchalant face but she's already smirking at me. "Let's record the vocals" I tell her and she just shrugs while following me to the built-in studio and we record the vocals with Mavis doing some background. Ronnie kept her word as she stayed away from us as we do our project.

"Ronnie" Mavis calls her and she immediately shoots out of the couch. "Hold this" she gives her the video cam. "Do not ruin any shot" with that Ronnie nods and we start making the music video, Ronnie being our camera girl. "Just act normally, this video is about being who you are" she tells me and I find myself following her.

Three hours later we finally wrap things up and I walk the sisters to the porch. Ronnie stops as Mavis continue walking to her car which was sick by the way.

"So uhh..now that you're done with your project I was kinda hoping if you'd want to go out with me?" she asks shyly and I get speechless. "I mean I know we only met like last week but I really like you and I'd like to know you better if you'd let me" she adds and I finally give her a smile.

"I'd like to" I tell her and Ronnie gives this bright smile, one I've never seen on her before. There was a honking from Mavis' car and we look at her.

"Hurry up Veronica" Mavis yells and Ronnie hastily kisses me on the cheek.

"I'll see you tomorrow. The queen waits" she whispers before running to Mavis. I watch as the taillight of the car disappears and I run up to my room with a smile on my face before I let sleep take over me.