Chapter 7 (Not a threat but a promise)

-Mavis' POV-

            Damn it! Why did she have to follow me? I could've killed the bear if she didn't show up. I scream in my head as I race through the forest just in time to see Eunice lose her footing and was falling down the icy waters below. All restraints were broken as I charged at the bear killing it instantly before diving down the water. I see her losing her consciousness as I swim to her, taking hold of her body and swimming towards the surface. I look around for the shore and once I find it, I swim towards it making sure her body stays afloat as I get pounded wave after wave. I rest her on the shore before feeling her pulse, she's alright. I look up to see two men before they disappear. I carry her to the trees, producing a fire and making a make shift shelter.

'Mavis, they're here' Astor appears beside me.

"Keep her warm" I tell him and he does what I asked him to, keeping her warm as I scan the area. "They're not coming after me anymore" I tell him before sitting beside Eunice watching her sleep.

'You think?' he trails off knowing I have the perfect idea what his question was going to be.

"I have no doubt" I say coldly before tracing her face and letting a smile escape my lips.

'What are you going to do?' the demon asks with his inquiring eyes.

"I wasn't going to do anything but since Eunice got hurt as well, I'm going to get her for this" I answer looking at the demon before looking back down at the girl.

'Who would've thought you two would meet again' Astor states looking down at the human girl.

"I almost lost hope but here she is" I sigh at the last part. "She doesn't remember me though" I add sadly.

'It seems like her memory's been suppress' he explains to me. 'It's going to rain' after he says that the rain starts pouring hard.

"Is she okay?" I ask him looking at the rain outside the shelter.

'Yes, she didn't get any injury from her fall' we then see her stir and Astor immediately disappears. Her eyes open and she looks at her surroundings before sitting up.

"What happened?" she asks looking at me.

"You fell off the cliff and I saved you" I tell her and she looks at me like she can't believe what I just said.

"What happened to the bear?" she asks.

"I don't know, he wasn't there when I jumped right after you" I lie and that was enough for her. "Does your head hurt?" I ask, letting some of my guard down. That takes her by surprise.

"Ahm...not really. Thanks" she says to me with a smile that I give back. "You're soaking wet" she says ready to give me her jacket.

"I'm okay" I tell her but she insists so I take it and wrap it around me. I didn't really need it but if it makes her feel better. "Guess we're stuck here for tonight. We'll go look for the others tomorrow. How about we call it a night? Take your rest Eunice" I say to her as she nods and lies back down on her side.

"Thanks again Mavis. Goodnight" she says as her eyes close and she falls to a deep sleep right away. I take off her jacket and place it on top of her as an additional heat since the night was chilly. Before I know it, I'm leaning down and pressing a soft kiss of her lips before lying down myself and try to sleep.

I wake up to the noises I hear in a distant and was ready to impale whoever it is when Ronnie shows up. Not that it makes any difference really.

"Easy there Mavis" she says putting her hands up in defense. She looks down at Eunice before covering her with the blanket she brought and facing me. "Why are you so grumpy in the early morning?" she asks taking a seat on Eunice's side.

"What are you doing here?" I ask my stance still rigid and guarded as before.

"Dad and Eunice told me about your camping trip and then I heard there was a bear attack last night so I rushed here" she explains caressing Eunice's face before looking back at me. "Back off Mavis, she's mine" she tries to be intimidating but fails miserably.

"You and I both know she doesn't belong to you" I retort calmly and as expected her eyes turn to a dangerous shade of red but I wasn't fazed at all.

"She's mine" she snarls. I chuckle lowly, my own eyes changing to crimson red, my instincts telling me to just kill her.

"I'll let you play your little game Ronnie. But once I make my move, I'll make sure I'd leave you fatally wounded" I warn her, letting my eyes turn to their normal brown color. She seems intimidated and I could clearly see the fear swirling around her red eyes as she turns away from me.

"Is that a threat?" she challenges weakly.

"No it's a promise" I tell her my voice as cold as the icy waters of the Atlantic.