Chapter 17 (Halloween Scares)

-Eunice's POV-

            Halloween has finally come and that means taking a break from school. I'm not a huge fan of the holiday but I have to admit, I've always been looking forward in visiting the amusement park a few blocks away from my house with my friends. This time though, I have Mavis with me who is glaring at me while sitting on my bed as I get ready. Of course the door was open and I have to change in my bathroom.

"Stop glaring at me already. I promise you're going to have fun" I tell her walking out of the bathroom after pinning my hair up.

"I don't remember this being an emergency" she says looking me up and down. "I don't see the point of going to a Halloween amusement park turned for the holiday. I've seen scary things to last my lifetime" she adds crossing her arms over her chest. I sigh as I saunter to her uncrossing her arms.

"I know. But this is the first time we get to spend the holiday together and as my girlfriend you are obliged to keep me safe from the horrors of the horror booth" I tell her smiling before kissing her softly glad when she kisses me back.

"Fine" she sighs. "You are wearing a jacket over your top right?" she asks making me look at her 'innocently'.

"It's not very cold outside Mavis. I don't think I'll need a jacket" I look down to assess my outfit. I was wearing a black sleeveless top and jeans with my converse. When I look up she had her eyes narrowed down on me again before I laugh walking to my closet and taking my jacket out. "Fine I'll wear a jacket since my girlfriend said so" I tell her and she rolls her eyes at me before we walk out of my bedroom closing my door.

"So are we going to meet them at the park or here?" she asks as we walk down the stairs.

"Aileen said they'll just meet us at the park" I answer her and she opens the door and we walk to her car.

 We arrive at the park and walk to the entrance to see Aileen and our other friends waiting for us talking and laughing before waving when they see us. Since we came out to school a month ago, Mavis was able to get to know my little circle of friends and needless to say she befriended them easily.

"Hey Mavis. Eunice forced you to come here huh?" Rilee says and Mavis just shrugs giving her a small smile. After coming out, Rilee was quick to warn Mavis about the things she'll do to her if she breaks my heart and make me cry. Mavis since then respected Rilee and the two of them became close. The others greet us before we walk to buy our tickets Mavis opting on paying mine before we enter the park.

"Okay, so, what should we ride first?" Nadia asks and we all point at the roller coaster of doom. I hear Mavis groaning as I drag her to the ride. We strap in, me with Mavis, Aileen with Nadia, Rilee with Julia, Rebecca with Frances and wait for the coaster to start.

"I thought you hate roller coasters" Mavis whispers in my ear as we feel the coaster move.

"I do but I also love the adrenaline rush" I whisper back taking hold of her hand tighter, she chuckles as screams are heard as the coaster did its first drop. All the while Mavis was holding and I felt safe in her arms as we enjoy the ride. She didn't let go even when we got off the coaster and move to the next ride. After getting enough of the rides, I drag Mavis to the games area of the park. The others went to play as well as I find myself standing near a shooting game and see Mavis pay, take aim and hits the target effortlessly. The man's jaw drops to the floor as he points up to the prizes ad Mavis choosing the stuffed bat. The poor man was still shell-shocked when we walk to join the others playing for a stuffed turtle.

"For you" Mavis hands me the bat and I blush before taking it and hugging the toy. "Something to remember me" she whispers as we near Aileen and Nadia being competitive against each other.

"Oh yeah! I win!" Nadia cheers dancing goofily at Aileen, who mutters something under her breath before racing each other to a new different game. The rest of laughs even Mavis as we watch the two play.

"Do they always get like this?" I hear Mavis asks and I just give her a shrug and smile. After watching them play four more games, Rebecca suggests we try the haunted house next. I reluctantly agree and tighten my hold on Mavis' hand as we near the house. I swallow the fear that piled up in my throat as we cross the doorway and are inside the house. It had a dim lighting but we still can't see anything.

"You know, I'm starting to think being here is a bad idea" Aileen says and we all scream except for Mavis when a bat flies out of nowhere before it disappears again. We scream again when a ghost appears in front of us and again when a monster type appears as we near the living room of the house. I watch as Mavis looks amuse and at the same time bored with all the scary things that have been popping out at us. Then I feel a cold hand brush against my arm making me scream and feel Mavis tensing beside me which is odd. Nothing scares my girl she scares the living daylight out of everyone. I hear someone behind us and a male scream is heard all over the house as the guy falls down to the floor shaking in fear. That's when I noticed Mavis isn't beside me but she was holding the wrist of the guy.

"Try groping my girlfriend again and I swear to God I'll break not just your wrist but all 206 bones in your body. Got it?" she says through clenched teeth and the guy whimpers in pain before being let go and I watch him run out of the house. Before I could say something to Mavis she takes my hand and leads me out of the house with our friends following us. We see the guy outside and he scampers away when he sees Mavis so does his friends.

"Remind me not to mess with Eunice" Frances mutters but Mavis didn't pay him any mind. She knows Frances isn't in to me instead she breathes in and out slowly to calm her nerves.

"Mavis, I'm okay. I think you scared the life out of the guy" I say to her and she sighs. "Come on let's try another ride" I tell all of them and they all agree as Mavis walks with me. We ended up riding all the rides that are available and played the rest of the games ending with a bagful of toys and prizes.

"Well guys, this has been fun but I better get going. Mom and dad told me not to be home late" Nadia says and we all say our goodbyes to each other. As we drive home, I keep replaying the cold hand that touched my arm, I look at Mavis and how she quickly found the guy but it seemed like she's in deep thought as her brows meet at the center.

"Hey you think I can sleep over at your place?" I ask her snapping her out of her thoughts as she looks and smiles at me before nodding.

"Sure. I think it's better if you sleep over at my place. I have a feeling someone's waiting for us there" she tells me as we turn to her street and when her house became visible I see two figures waiting on the porch. Mavis parks the car in the lawn before we get out and walks to the two figures. I see one of them has silver hair while the other has dirty blonde hair, they look breathtakingly beautiful.

"I see you still have that ill-temperament Mavis" the silver-haired girl says smiling. Her bright blue eyes locks with mine and I feel like she's reading my soul.

"And I see you're still the same Silver" Mavis says back. "I'm guessing you're here for a reason" she states more than ask. Silver nods her head and the four of us walk inside the house.

"They're coming Mavis. For you and for her" Silver states looking at me as she says the last part. I frown in confusion as I wait for any of them to explain.

"She's beautiful Mavis" the blonde speaks up for the first time. "Does she know about the mark and all other things?" she asks Mavis who shakes her head slowly. "Hello there Eunice, I'm Natalie. It's finally nice to meet you" Natalie says to me and I return the pleasantries.

"Ahm. Can anyone please tell me what's going on?" I asks making Mavis and Silver look at me before they sigh, mostly Mavis, in resignation.