Chapter 22 (Afterglow)

-Eunice's POV-

            I feel the soft fingers moving up and down my back and smile before opening my eyes to see Mavis smiling at me. Her hair was a mess but nothing made her even more beautiful than in this very moment.

"Merry Christmas" she greets me with a kiss which I return. I was still basking with the thought of last night.

"Merry Christmas" I greet her back. I bite down my lip as my eyes roam her naked body.

"You don't regret last night do you?" She asks, worried.

"No. Last night was the best moment of my life" I cup her face with one hand while I lace the other with her left one. "I love you" I tell her making that special smile appear again.

"I love you too" she says kissing me quickly. "Close your eyes" she whispers and I close them quickly. I hear her shuffle before feeling her hot breath on my ear. "Okay, open them" I did and I see her holding a necklace in front of me.

"Mavis" I start but she shakes her head telling me not to say anything. I sit up and she moves behind me, placing the necklace around my neck. I look at it and admire the aquamarines surrounding the big pink diamond pendant. "This must've cost a fortune" I mutter feeling her wrap her arms around my waist.

"It didn't. My great grandmother gave it to me and told me to give it to my forever" she kisses my temple as she finishes. "They did say diamonds are forever. It's a way for me to show that you're my forever" she adds.

"You're my forever too" I look at her as I say this. "I got you something" I tell her and she frowns as I detach myself from her to get my gift.

"What is it?" she asks.

"Open it" I just tell her and watch as she carefully tears the wrapping off and open the box. Inside it is a necklace with a bat shaped pendant with a few aquamarines along its wings and our initials engraved in the middle. She looks up at me and opens her mouth to speak but I put a finger on her lips.

"It reminds me of you" she chuckles. "Turn it over" I tell her, she turns the pendant on its other side to see the engraved words: Forever. "Something to remember me by" I say remembering the words she said to me during our Halloween adventure at the amusement park.

"Is it possible to love you even more?" She says kissing me sweetly and I smile into the kiss. When we pull away, I take the necklace from the box and place it on her neck while staying in front of her. I admire the necklace resting on her chest before I see the tattoo on her collarbone.

"I didn't know you have a tattoo" I state making her look at it.

"It's not. That's the mark" she states before pointing at my own collarbone. I look down to see the same mark adorning my skin.

"Oh..." with further inspection I try to decipher the symbols. "Does it have a meaning?" I point at the mark.

"It's my emblem. It means forever." She explains pointing at the symbol. I smile taking her hand and kissing it gently.

"You hungry?" I ask when I feel her kissing my shoulder and my neck.

"Hmmm...I could think of something tastier to eat" she says nibbling my ear.

"Mmmm. Perv" I tease her hitting her arm lightly and looking at her to see her eyes have darkened.

"You taste so good I can't get enough" she sucks my pulse point and I couldn't help but moan. "What do you want for breakfast?" she abruptly stops her actions making me almost whine.

"Pancakes?" I ask hopefully. She smiles kissing me quickly before getting up, wrapping her body with the silk robe on the rack and walking to the kitchen. I smile watching her take out the ingredients before I get up myself and wrap the other silk robe around me. I walk up to the counter to see her mixing the batter. I smile deviously as I take a handful of flour before throwing it at her stopping her from mixing. She smirks at me before running around the counter wrapping me in one of her arms while the other pours the flour on my head. I laugh reaching for something and I feel the syrup squeezing it in my hand and wiping it on her face. Mavis gasps while I laugh at her, my laughter dies down as she crashes our lips in a hungry kiss. I moan at the taste of her sweet lips and the syrup. I grip her shoulders pushing her in, I can't get enough. Her hands slide down to my thighs before lifting me up, I wrap my legs around her waist as we continue to kiss on our way to our bed. She puts me down on the bed slowly our lips still lock on each other. The thought of breakfast was long gone since I lock my lips on hers and we lost ourselves in the feeling of being one again.

Mavis is stroking my hair as we lay in bed after our morning activity just enjoying the warmth our bodies give. She kisses my temple making me smile as I look at her lovingly. This is the girl I’m going to spend my eternity to and I couldn’t see myself in anyone else.

“What are you thinking?” She asks. I open my mouth to tell her that I was thinking about our future when my stomach decides to growl out making Mavis laugh. I pout as she cracks up and I see tears forming in the corners of her eyes. “I should’ve known you were thinking about food. I mean with what we did, I’d be pretty hungry too” she says through her laughter and I smack her arm hard.

“Hey I can’t help it. I mean we were suppose to have breakfast but we ended up in the sheets again” I pout as she cracks up once again before getting up, kissing me quickly. I watch as she does another batter for the pancakes and I manage to stay in bed enjoying the way Mavis makes breakfast which is a surprise really. I mean I never thought she’d know how to use the kitchen seeing as her family is rich enough to have maids and chefs. As I ponder these thoughts, Mavis finishes our breakfast and brings the tray to bed.

“Here’s your order ma’am” she jokes. The smell of the pancakes are divine, I could feel myself salivating for it. I eat the first slice and just as I thought, it was delicious.

“They’re delicious Mavis” I tell her just to see that smile again. I feel myself melt every time Mavis gives me that smile, it’s like she can see right through me. “How’d you know how to cook?” I ask after swallowing another slice of these heavenly pancakes.

“Jared and I hang out in the kitchen when I was little” Mavis explains taking a slice and munching it. “Mostly it was Chef Mike who taught me how to cook” she adds.

“Well, I owe Chef Mike and Jared a big thank you for teaching you” I tease and she simply laughs it off.