Chapter 3 (Edited)

"Wow. A ship full of people I don't know. Fun. There's Ruby, she has to be in the same boat as me, maybe I'll go talk to her!" Gracie made her way over to Ruby as a girl in a very revealing yellow outfit hugged Ruby.

"Oh, I can't believe my baby sister's going to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever." the yellow girl squeezed Ruby.

"Please stop." Ruby groaned.

"Maybe she isn't so alone after all..." Gracie turned around and walked away, leaving them to have a conversation about knees or something.

"Hey, I'm Jaune." a boy approached Gracie.

"I'm Gracie." she smiled slightly.

"So, um, you're going to Beacon?" he leaned against the wall.

"Um, yeah. That's sorta why I'm on this ship." Gracie huffed and leaned against the wall next to him.

"Sorry, didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything." Jaune looked at the news.

"...The robbery was led by nefarious criminal Roman Torchwick, who continues to evade authorities. If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the Vale Police Department. Back to you Lisa." the newscaster voice faded along with the picture of Roman.

"So that's who that creep was..." Gracie out loud thinking was inturrupted by the news.

"Thank you, Cyril. In other news, this Saturday's Faunus Civil Rights protest turned dark when the members of the White Fang disrupted the ceremony. The once peaceful organization has now disrupted-..." the newscast was stopped as the woman from the rooftop battle appeared, but Gracie wasn't paying attention.

"Hey, Gracie, you may wanna listen." Jaune got her attention back to the screen, and away from the small compact mirror in her hands.

"Hello and welcome to Beacon. My name is Glynda Goodwitch..." She got into a long speech about how amazing the students were but Gracie stopped listening, she was picking at something atop her head.

As the screen faded, a view of Vale could be seen and everyone rushed to look. Jaune ended up puking and Gracie just gazed over the scenery.

"Get away from me, Get away from me!" someone yelled.

Gracie turned to look, but someone ran into her and they both fell to the ground. Gracie looked to see Ruby starting to stand.

"Hey, Gracie. I didn't know you were here!" Ruby tried to hug Gracie, but the other girl already had walked away.

"Okay, bye..." Ruby sighed.

Gracie crossed her arms over her chest and looked down, thinking aloud. "A new year of disappointment in humanity. Let's get started." she huffed and walked off the ship.