Chapter 21 (Edited)

"Pyrrha!" Gracie yelled for the girl who was fighting Grimm right outside.

Pyrrha quickly went to Gracie who pulled her to the elevator, not caring that Jaune was following.

"We need an answer now, Miss Nikos." Ozpin said as they desended to the vault and began running towards the pod.

"Shut up, Pyrrha. You have your life to live. I'll do it." Gracie went to the pod and opened it before stepping inside.

"Gracie, get out. Now!" Ozpin yelled, typing things into the computer.

"No time for arguments. Just start the damn thing!" Gracie growled and closed her eyes as the lid shut.

The girl listened as the sound of machines starting filled her ears before a glowing orange light surrounded her and it became painful. Gracie grimmaced in pain, but bit her tounge. It became too much, and she yelled in pain. Her father's voice managed to reach her ears along with yells from Jaune and Pyrrha.

"Gracie!"

"What's going on?"

"She's not looking too good."

Suddenly the sound of shattering glass rang through the room. The pain stopped and Gracie looked to see a woman holding a bow that was aimed at Amber, the fall maiden. An orange orb flew from Amber into the woman with the bow who doubled over. Jaune ran towards her, sword and shield at the ready.

"Stay back!" Ozpin yelled, but it was too late. A burst of energy flew out and threw the boy backwards.

Gracie slammed open the pod and fell to her hands and knees on the floor. Ozpin quickly helped her to her feet before glaring at the lady. Pyrrha went to attack, but Ozpin stepped in front of her.

"Go find Qrow, Glynda, Ironwood. Bring them here." He ordered.

"But, I can help." Pyrrha looked.

"You'll only get in the way. Take Jaune and Gracie and get out of here." Ozpin looked at his daughter.

"Like hell I'm leaving you!" Gracie growled.

"Just go." Ozpin faced off with the woman before feeling arms wrap around him.

"Please be careful." Gracie sniffed.

"Get out of here as fast as you can." He hugged back quickly. "I love you."

"I love you too, Dad..." Gracie let go before running after Pyrrha and Jaune to the elevator.

Pyrrha and Jaune were shoved out by Gracie once they reached ground floor. "Go on. I left something upstairs."

The door closed and the elevator quickly began going upwards. As soon as the doors opened, Gracie stepped out and paced, debating on going back down or not. As if answering her question, the elevator door slammed open and Gracie took shelter behind Ozpin's chair. She watched as the woman from downstairs emerged from the wreckage of the door and walked to the window.

Gracie's eyes widened in realization. Ozpin was gone. She covered her mouth quickly before anger filled her. This woman took Ozpin from Gracie's life, Gracie wasn't going to let that happen. She stood and crept towards the woman, careful to be silent.

"Hey, Bitch!" Gracie growled from behind, daggers at the ready. "I'm here." Gracie snarled and threw a dagger at the woman who dodged it with ease.

Gracie charged, low to the ground, going for the woman's legs. She managed to make a small cut before being thrown back into the wall.

Standing shakily, Gracie found herself holding her father's cane in hand. She gripped the handle tightly before beginning to speed herself up with her symbalance. Gracie launched at the woman, using the cane in her hands as a sword and was again easily tossed aside.

"You don't stand a chance, little girl. Give up and join me, before I choose to kill you or not." The woman made her bow appear and drew back the string, making an arrow appear.

"You know," Gracie stood, leaning heavily on the cane, her left foot broken or sprained, "A wise person once told me that every dog has its day. But today isn't yours- gah!" Gracie held her side that was now bleeding due to the arrow going through it.

"Any last words?" The woman drew back her bow again, but this time, aimed for Gracie's heart.

"I've got thousands. Lets sit here and discuss them." Gracie smirked and closed her eyes, waiting for the arrow to pierce her chest.

But it never came.

She looked up to see the woman moving to the window where a large Grimm was peering in. Gracie growled and snapped the arrow end off. The elevator made a nosie and Gracie turned to see Pyrrha walking stealthily towards her.

"Gracie, are you alright?" Pyrrha questioned.

"Depends, emotionally or physically?" Gracie whispered.

"Both." Pyrrha watched the woman carefully.

"Well let's see, my father is gone, there is an arrow in my side... Shall I continue?" Gracie grimmaced and fell to the ground.

"Stay here." Pyrrha moved towards the woman.

"Hey, tag in!" Gracie yelled at the woman who suddenly had Pyrrha's shield thrown at her on one side and Pyrrha throwing herself at the woman on the other.

Gracie watched as the fight went on, fading in and out of consciousness. At some point, the top of the building was blown off by the large Grimm and Pyrrha had pinned the woman beneath a large pile of gears. Gracie grimaced as the woman pulled her bow directly in front of Pyrrha, her back to Gracie. Gracie limped her way towards the woman and put her in a weak choke hold. The woman released the arrow, but Gracie didn't watch where it went. She only held the woman in place for Ruby to appear out of no where and suddenly attack with her eyes. White filled Gracie's vison and the girl let go on the woman. She hobbled a bit to where she last saw Ruby before collapsing on the ground, ringing in her ears were the last things heard as Gracie curled around the cane she gripped tightly in her hands.

When Gracie next awoke, she was on a couch of some sort in a small wooden cabin. She sat up in pain and looked around in worry.

"Where am I? Where's my dad? Wait..." she thought back to what had happened the night before.

Footsteps entered the room and Gracie looked to see Qrow walking in.

"Well you're awake." The man took a seat in the chair beside her.

"What the hell happened?" Gracie snarled at Qrow. "Where is everyone else and where am I?"

"Cool it. You're at my brother-in-law's house. Ruby's home, I should say. Ruby and Yang are here too, only Ruby is in a sort of coma." he explained.

"What about Weiss, Blake? My dad, maybe?!" Gracie folded her ears against her head.

"Weiss is off with her father, Blake had disappeared and Oz... We don't know..." Qrow grew softer at the last bit.

"Why am I here?" Gracie looked around the living room she assumed.

"Because it was either here or leaving you with the Grimm that are infesting Beacon Academy." Qrow sighed. "Would you like me to take you back?"

"Should have left me. Found my dad instead." Gracie looked out the nearby window and grimaced at The pain in her side.

"Your kidney is punctured. I wouldn't move that much." Qrow leaned back against the chair.

"Your kidney will be punctured if you don't get me some food." Gracie growled.

"Fine. But just be a bit nicer. You're lucky Tai took you in. With both daughter's down, he's having a rough time." Qrow stood.

"What happened to Yang?" Gracie looked at him quickly.

"She lost her arm." Qrow sighed and moved out of the room to the kitchen, leaving Gracie to think.