Chapter 25 (Edited)

In the morning, Gracie was disappointed to find that there was neither the drink nor the ticket outside of the room door. Teammates still asleep, Gracie went downstairs to try and find Qrow. The drunken man was no where in sight.

"Well... Two choices, I can either stay here and hope Qrow shows up with the tickets or steal some money and buy myself a ticket." Gracie muttered to herself.

"Hey, Gracie. What are you doing up so early?" Nora suddenly appeared next to Gracie who had jumped in surprise.

"I um... Was looking for breakfast?" Gracie covered up the truth.

"Silly, they don't serve breakfast here. It said so on the papers." Nora laughed.

"What papers?" Gracie followed in confusion back to their room.

"These papers!" Nora shoved several pieces of paper in Gracie's face before setting them on the table and going to wake up the others.

"Alright guys, we have a long trip to the next town. Let's get started!" Ruby smiled and gathered her things while everyone else got ready.

They moved out with the sun rising over them. Ruby and Jaune were in the front, Nora and Ren behind them, and Gracie bringing up the rear. Gracie looked around for any sign of a crow, but was disappointed when she didn't see nor hear any birds. The dirt road they walked on became tile in a matter of steps. Looking around in confusion, Gracie stopped to look at the damaged town in front of them.

"I didn't expect us to hit a town so early." Jaune looked at the map to try and figure out where we were.

"Are those buildings... damaged?" Nora jumped down from the fencepost she was standing on.

"Lets go check for survivors." Jaune ran ahead to look through the town.

The group followed him, leaving their map on the ground. The town was being grown over by weeds and the buildings were half-built. Nora had found a sign with the town's name after a short time of looking.

"Oni....yuri?" Nora worked to pronounce the word.

"Oniyuri." Ren sighed, looking around.

"I've never heard of this place." Gracie looked at the town in curiosity.

"It wasn't on the map." Jaune added.

"I've heard of it." Ren quieted the talking around him. "Its like Anima's Mountain Glen, had it not been completed. A group of people didn't like how the government was being run and ventured out to build their own community. Many people believed it would be a huge success, I know my parents did."

"What happened?" Ruby questioned.

"What always happens." Ren brushed some dirt off a fence to show claw marks.

"Grim." Jaune looked down.

"Not just any one grim." Ren began to look slightly angry and Nora went to put her hand on his shoulder.

"Lets just get out of here. This place gives me the creeps." Jaune sighed and began walking through the town towards the exit.

The group began walking with solemn expressions on their faces. The buildings sometimes crumbled a bit as they passed and looked for supplies. Ren suddenly stopped at the front of the group and motioned for everyone else to stop. When Ren grabbed his guns, Nora and Ruby changed their weapons into their fighting position. Jaune drew his sword and Gracie twirled her daggers in her hands. Footsteps rapidly approaching warned the group that something was coming. Suddenly, Jaune was attacked by a single man, the man had a braid in his hair and was laughing the entire time he fought. Knocking Juane down, he turned to Gracie.

"You seem upset...." He laughed as he jumped and tried to strike Graice, but frowned when he missed.

"Screw off. You aren't hurting my team." Gracie snarled, folding her ears back on her head.

"Ooo, a fiesty one." The man struck again and smiled when Gracie blocked it in the blink of an eye.

"I get it from my dad." Gracie swept the man's legs out from under him and jumped back, allowing Nora to knock him into a nearby building with her hammer.

"You guys okay?" Ruby looked between Jaune and Gracie.

"We're fine." Jaune answered.

Laughing came from the building and everyone looked and saw the man had wedged himself in the hole with his feet, and was looking down at them.

"We don't want any trouble. Who are you?" Ren yelled up at the man.

The man laughed again and jumped down, landing effortlessly.

"Who I am matters not to you." He pointed at Ren, "Or you." He pointed at Nora. "Or you- well... You do intrest me." He was pointing at Jaune. "But, I only matter to you two." The man pointed at Ruby and Gracie. "I'm here to take you both to my glorious queen. She didn't like you two nearly ruining our plans at Beacon."

"Cinder." Ruby held her gun tighter.

"Haha! Only in her wildest dreams." The man snarled the last part.

"What if they don't want to go?" Nora stepped in front of Ruby.

"Then I'll take them." The man folded out his hand swords.

"We aren't going to let you do that." Jaune stepped in front of Nora.

The man took a deep breath and was smirking. "Good." He attacked.

The five all worked together and were struggling to land a hit. Gracie was fending the man off while the others recovered.

"You people are responsible for the disappearance of my father." Gracie snarled.

"You mean the death of dear old Ozpin?" The man laughed when Gracie launched at him.

Gracie threw her daggers and pulled out Ozpin's cane, slashing at the man. He dodged the blows with ease and managed to leave a few scratches of Gracie. The sound of Ruby shooting her sniper rifle sounded and Gracie jumped away from the wiz of electricity that flew between her and the man. They watched as the shot hit Nora, charging her with energy. The man must not have known about Nora's abilities because he started laughing. Gracie moved away and nodded to Nora once she was far enough away. Nora jumped and slammed her hammer into the man, causing dust to fly up around them. Gracie looked in disbelief as the dust cleared and everyone saw what happened. The man was a fanus, a scorpion fanus. He began to laugh as he knocked Nora away with a flick of his tail. Gracie looked as Ren ran to Nora to make sure she was alright. Jaune deflected the man's attacks and was kicked back. Ruby was suddenly attacking the man from behind, twirling her sniper scythe. Ruby was kicked back and her weapon was out of reach as the man walked towards her. Gracie began to speed herself up, watching what happened in slow motion. The man's tail pulled back and the stinger aimed itself at Ruby's chest. Gracie ran in and got between Ruby and the tail, time catching back up with Gracie. She yelped as the stinger punctured her side, leaving a single hole when it was pulled away.

"Gracie!" Ruby was standing now, her scythe back in her hands.

Gracie looked around in shock from the hit standing shakily. The wound pulsed purple and Gracie fell over. The sound of metal hitting something reached Gracie's ears and she looked up to see Qrow was above her, deflecting a second attack from the man's stinger.

"Hey." Qrow smiled slightly at the group.