Chapter 4

Gracie woke up before everyone else, peering around at the sleeping bodies as she quickly ran to the bathroom to get ready. Today was the day she'd get a team along with all the other new people. Throwing on her green cape, she walked to the kitchen and stole an apple.

"To keep the doctor away." she smiled and took a bite, walking about campus.

Beacon was a nice school, but this would be the first school she ever went to. To be honest, she was nervous. As the time came for her to go back to the other students and take her test to get sorted onto her team, she had to run back to be there on time.

"For years you have been trained to become warriors. And today your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest." Professor Ozpin explained to all the students.

"Now, I'm sure many of you have been hearing the assignment of teams. Well, let's put an end to your confusion. You'll be given teammates today." Glynda added.

Ozpin explained the task as everyone prepared to get launched. When he finished, students started launching over into the forest. Gracie ticked off each student till it would be her turn.

'Ruby, Yang, Juane...' she thought. Professor Ozpin stopped the launching right before it was her turn. She was the last one.

"Umm, hello? I have to go over there too." she said, guesturing to the forest.

Ozpin approached, sipping at his drink. "I know." he stopped infront of her. "I just wanted to say that you most likely won't get a partner. There will be a team of five this year. Be careful." he nodded and she launched into the sky.