Chapter 16 (Edited)

"They were here, Oz." Ironwood spoke, he along with Ozpin and Glynda were in Ozpin's office.

"I know, James. I-" Ozpin was cut off by the door to the elevator dinging and two girls stepping out.

"Sorry we're late. Someone accidentally pushed all the buttons on the elevator." Ruby looked angrily at Gracie.

"Yeah, I was trying to make a Christmas tree... But I messed up a button and rage pushed...." Gracie smiled proudly at the others in the room. "I made a rectangle."

"Gracie, please. Just go sit down and I'll speak with you in a minute." Ironwood groaned and turned to Ruby.

The two began talking about an incident that happened during the dance. Soon, Ruby left and the three turned to the other girl.

"Your turn." Ironwood sighed.

"I wasn't there. I have no clue what you are talking about." Gracie huffed and crossed her arms.

"Yes. James, I am curious to why you summoned my daughter to this meeting." Ozpin looked at the other headmaster.

"We are here to talk about considering you for the new fall maiden." Ironwood spoke.

"What?" Ozpin nearly jumped out of his seat.

"Oz, calm down. She is young, healthy and a good candidate because she is always nearby you." Glynda argued.

"You know that I refuse to allow this happen. I thought we were going to let Miss Nikos be the Fall Maiden?" Ozpin glared at the other two adults in the room.

"Miss Nikos is a bit preoccupied with the Vytal Tournament and her social placement. It would be unwise to add more pressure to her." Ironwood reasoned.

"There are a thousand other possible canidates within my school alone, James. I refuse to let Gracie do this." Ozpin growled.

"I understand that, but this isn't your choice." Ironwood looked at the still shocked girl. "It's her choice."

"Gracie, listen. I know this is a lot to throw at you at once, but it would help many people." Glynda walked towards the girl.

"I-I um... What is the fall maiden?" Gracie looked in wonder.

"The story of the four maidens expains how the four seasons came to be in short. The fall maiden is sort of like the fall season. You will be given an unbelievable power, but with great power comes great responsibility." Ironwood explained.

"I've heard that last line quite a bit." Gracie glared at Ozpin.

"Gracie, listen to me. You can't even control your own semblance. This power is going to be similar. Please don't consider this." Ozpin looked at Gracie.

"I'm not considering it, Dad." Gracie sighed.

Ironwood stepped towards Gracie to argue, but Glynda stopped him.

"She said no. We can ask Miss Nikos, James." Glynda moved and walked away.

"Thank you for your time then." Ironwood stood quickly before leaving abruptly.

Gracie looked at Ozpin sadly. "Did I do the right thing?"

"You did what I told you to do." Ozpin sighed. "If I hadn't have said anything, what would you have done?"

"Well... I don't want Phyrra to be placed in harm's way. If its bad enough for you to say it's too dangerous, then I don't want my friends to get hurt. I'd have probably gone with it." Gracie looked down.

"Its alright. Go on to your team. It's time for the gathering of all the schools to send you on your missons." Ozpin sent her on her way.

Gracie went and met up with the rest of Team RWBY who then sat through Ozpin's historical speech. After he was finished, the group discussed what to do.

"This could be our chance! We can go to the South East and give our huntsman the slip by night to search!" Yang cheered.

"If we do Search and Destroy, we can bring our weapons along without having to hide them. It would allow a better opportunity." Gracie threw in.

The five made their way to the board for the area they desired and saw a Search and Destroy was still avalible. Ruby entered in their information, but frowned when they were informed that it was for non-first years.

"Maybe we can mail ourselves there!" Ruby suggested.

"You five have been more experienced in this sort of ordeal than many others that I know." Ozpin appeared from behind the board. "I feel like you would find your way here no matter what mission you took."

The entire team looked to Ruby quickly with a slight glare.

Ozpin chuckled before continuing. "How about before you all break the rules, I bend them a bit?"

Ozpin used a larger sized scroll to change some information and give the Search and Destroy mission to team RWGBY. They all cheered.

"You're all welcome. But I recommend you stay close to your huntsman. This is a high Grimm populated area. Be careful and good luck." Ozpin left.

The five began to look amongst each other, worry and doubt crossing their faces.

"We'll do fine guys." Ruby attempted to cheer them up.

"Yeah... Fine..." Gracie lowered her ears slightly before going to their plane.

"Guys, you're missing the best part of this, we get to shadow an actual huntsman!" Yang smiled.

"Good evening girls! Who's ready to go on an adventure?" Professor Oobleck was suddenly in front of them with an overcoat on, along with a backpack.

"Please tell me you are the pilot..." Gracie whinned.

"I already readied the plane for our trip and packed everything we need, so leave your things here." Oobleck said.

"But Professor-" Weiss started.

"Its Dr. I didn't earn that PhD for fun you know." Dr. Oobleck cut her off. "Now we are three minutes late, so chop chop!"

Team RWGBY sighed in defeat before trudging their way towards the plane. Team JNPR quickly caught up.

"Hey guys were are you going?" Jaune questioned.

"Oh, just outside the kingdom." Ruby smiled, her backpack still on.

"We are too, only our plane leaves tomorrow. Ren and Nora wanted to shadow a huntsman in a small village." Jaune explained.

"That's neat." Gracie smiled at the duo.

"Hey guys!" Sun and Neptune came from behind team JNPR.

"What are you doing for your mission?" Blake questioned.

"We're going to shadow a detective in the city. We figured since every time we go to the city with you guys, something is going to blow up, so this may be a better way to see Vale. And we get badges." Sun explained.

"Wow." Jaune looked awe struck.

"Four minutes!" Dr. Oobleck yelled from the plane.

"Well we gotta go." Ruby waved bye and Team RWGBY boarded the plane.