O N E

"Worthless little freak!"

"Get back here! I need to teach you a fucking lesson!"

I tossed and turned in my bed, the words stinging me like bee's to my skin. I know why my father hates me. It's because I'm different. He's afraid of different.

"Let me see those fricken ears of yours before I rip them off!"

"Don't bite me you little shit or I'll cut your precious little tail off!"

I whimpered, trying to untangle myself.

"Shit you fucking-"

'Beep beep beep'

I shot up in my bed, with a scream. I breathed out heavily, my chest hurting. You can never forget the things that happen to you in a hurry. I slammed my hand on my alarm clock shutting it off, before groaning. I rubbed my hand over my bruised chest, wincing as I did so. I can remember what happened last night so... It was so realistic and... Vague.

'I walked through the street, my old converse kicking at the stones. My tail was tied firmly round my waist, my ears hot under my moss green beanie hat. I pulled my jacket tightly round my body, my head hurting thanks to Louis Tomlinson; School jock and total closet gay. You can see the way he looks at his friend Zayn.

I shuddered. The thought of my drunken father being home sending tingles down my spine. You'd think I'd be used to it by now but how could anyone get used to it? Being beaten because you had a disposition? I frowned lightly, my blue eyes staring now in front of me.

I pulled out my flat keys, sliding them in the main block door, pushing the heavy metal door open. The smell of damp hit my nose and I coughed, the sudden strong smell slightly unnerving. I cringed closing the door quietly as to not anger my bruising head.

As I walked my old converse scuffed the old Lino flooring towards the stairway. The lift was never fixed in this place. For someone like me... It was much needed. I walked up the stairs... Or should I say dragged myself up the stairs, breathing laboured thanks to my bruises.

As I reached the third floor I have myself a deserved break, leaning against the grimy wall. I sucked in as much breath as possible with my lungs being trapped in bruised cages. I squeezed my eyes shut as a mega burst of pain shot me. I jolted forward whining loudly. It hurt so badly. Repeatedly... His first smacking against my head as Zayn held me to his muscled chest.

I felt tears roll down my face. My pale, cold as ice face. It scarred me. Burned it my brain. I swallowed hard, my trembling fingers massaging my temples, trying to sooth the unbearable pounding in my head. I felt my ears twitching madly under my beanie, begging to get out. The head the material gave off was pretty immense. Te scratching on my ears was rather horrible.

I managed to pull my phone out, lighting up the screen momentarily blinding myself. I winced before slowly blinking open my eyes, staring at the time.

'15:50'

I was late home again. I knew I wouldn't be able to sneak past him but maybe I could. Just this once. I dragged myself to the door of the flat I had to share with my father. My stomach twitched and twisted tightly making a sickening feeling bubble inside me. I could feel my mouth running dry.

I hauled myself up off the dirty, grimy floor, slipping the key in with shaking hands. I turned it slowly hoping the lock click wouldn't alert him in any way. I slipped through the gap my bag clips clapping against the door frame. I sighed in relief, as I closed the door, no footsteps, no smashing of beer bottles.