N I N E

~Niall's POV

'Come on now kitten don't be shy. We could always ask someone else to take you? Someone would surely buy you off of me./ he hissed, causing me to wince as I shook in the corner, my arms wrapped around my quaking knees. I was ten now. I could remember the darkness swirling in his eyes as he advanced towards me. My ears flattened into my blonde hair. By now my brown roots had started showing through making my ears more visible. I squeezed my eyes closed. I didn't want to see the hatred on his face... In his eyes. I didn't want to see the smirk that's haunted me for years now.

Oh how I wish my mother was here.

'You're pathetic. You're just as awful as your mongrel of a mother!" He spat, making more tears leak down my face. She wasn't a mongrel! I know I never met her but she must have cared if she didn't want me to go to my father. I stared up at him with emotionless eyes, his big figure a blur from the tears. My breath kept catching in my throat as the squeaking of the floorboards seemed to get closer... Louder.

'I-I haven't d-done anything d-dad!' I cried, a sob leaving my lips, as he came so close I could smell the alcohol steaming off of his clothes, the smell of sex filling the air. I cringed, squeaking as he grabbed my chin with his large, grimy hands. He forced me to look at him... Look into his dark eyes. I tried to look away...

'Look at me!' He yelled, causing me to look him dead in the eyes, my body trembling, as he laughed that horrible dark laugh. 'Don't you ever call me your dad! You're nothing but scum to me kitten! You're nothing but something to play with a throw around!'

I sobbed quietly. I was thrown on the floor with a yelp, his slippered foot colliding with my stomach. I screamed out, sobs mixing together as I howled.

Why me?

He'd stopped, my chest heaved. It was so hard. Air seemed so hard to get like it was only some peoples to have... Others not.

'You'll be sure to remember that I don't care about you... I could easily find someone that would want you... Want you for everything and anything. Don't think I won't try and get ride of you.'

'Niall?'

I felt sick to my stomach. I couldn't be here... God knows when my father will be back home. What if he is home before I am? What if he comes looking for me? My hand rested on my stomach. I could practically feel it flipping and twisting inside me.

I can't be here...

'H-Harry? W-Where is your bathroom?' I asked quickly, meeting the green eyes I am so used to seeing behind those glasses. His eyes seemed concerned as he placed the book he was reading on his bedside table. I swallowed hard, sucking in a breath as I tried my hardest to push back the vomit wanting to surge up my body... But it was to late.

-_-

My body pulled as I gripped the toilet. I felt awful. Harry was standing outside... Listening to the sound of my urging. I don't want to do this project. I can't do this project with him. I want to go home... I want to be alone. Tears rolled down my cheeks, my eyes stinging. My tail twitched. Maybe just this time?

I sat back slightly, my bum resting on my heels. I lifted my shirt, my tail unwrapping. Laying limp on the floor I stared. I felt tears come more rapidly as my fingers played with the fur. My other hand slowly pulled my hat off, uncovering my blonde haired ears. They twitched slightly, the air of the air con brushing them.

'No one will ever love you. You'll always be a waste of space kitten.'

I frowned, feeling slightly better. I pushed myself up to my feet, my knees quaking. I straightened my clothes, before looking in the mirror. I frowned. My ears grew with every year that passed. They became harder to hide the older I seemed to get. They became darker as each day passes also, which means I have more difficulty to... To hide them without a hat. My hands rested on the sink basin, my head lolling. My ears flattened as my eyes squeezed tight shut, my teeth clenched.