2

In the third year of his reign Matiyahu decides to migrate to Gaul. He found out that 90 years earlier a big massacre took place south-west of the Aquitanian Capital Burdigala. Between 3500 and 5000 Israelites were butchered by the pagans and their estate confiscated by the Aquitanians. The rest fled and around 500 were taken captive. When Julius Caesar was assassinated most of the captives fled, but some accepted their live as slaves. There are possibly around 300 Israelites left living there in a small town at the sea.

With the attention of the Roman state focussed on Britain, Matiyahu decided to take advantage of the circumstance. He gathered his household servants together with 500 military men, and they sailed towards the Roman town Ossonoba (Faro), which is in the Southern lagoon of the Province Lusitania. The journey took 15 days due to the cargo on their ships. At the lagoon they transferred to chariots and went towards Pax Julia, where they bought passports on the black market. They continued to the Southern border of Aquitania, at the coast, which took another five days in total.

Arrived there, they found the Israelite village and they joined the people. Matiyahu purchased lands that were formerly owned by Israelites - before the big confiscation. The lands were now fertile, green and with thousands of cattle. In this manner the offspring of the victims were compensated for what was taken away from them.