17

While they are walking down the hall towards the underground base, they hear the sound of horses coming their way. They run the other way as soon as possible. It's dark in the tunnel, but their eyes have become used to the darkness. They ran untill they came to a division. They took the left division. There the tunnel went a bit uphill and they found an exit. When coming out of the exit they were at village. The village seemed abandoned. There was a small herd of swine on a small harm and there were chickens freely walking around. They still heard the sound of horses and men coming their way. So they fled into one of the houses. Inside the house there hid behind a window. When they looked outside they saw three dark creatures crippling around. They couldn't identify the monsters. One of the creatures swallowed one of the chickens that were walking around. The creatures appeared human, but their constitution seemed like that of pigs. 

''What the heck is this?''

''Lolo.. I have no idea!''

''Forget what I said earlier! We need to get out of here as soon as possible!''

''Not now.... we need to wait until the morning!''

Another weird creature, also humanoid, but with appearance of a wolf, came with two people in its hands. It were two young women who couldn't even scream due to the fear that radiated from them. The women were smitten to the ground. There Lolina and Saulina witnessed how the four creatures raped them and eventually left them behind. At this moment it was already storming. The lightning almost hit the house where they were hiding. 

''We need to help them..''

''No way Lolo..''

''We need to! What if it was us?''

Before Saulina could say anything else, she rushed outside and began dragging the two women into the house. Saulina assisted her despite disagreeing with her plan. Inside, Lolina lighted some fire in the fire place to warm the house. They brought the two victims near the fire. 

When one of them woke up, she freaked out. She was still in shock.

''It's all right'' Lolina assured her ''You are safe now! I'm Lolina! This is Saulina! We saw what happened...''

''They are gone?''

''Yes.. since it began raining they left!''

The other victim woke up too.. this one was calm.

''What is your name?''

''My name is Otilia! I'm from Southern Narbonensis''

''You know who that other girl is?''

''She's my cousin. Ravenna!''

Ravenna sat still near the fire place.

''How did you two ended up here?'' Ravenna asked ''Were you kidnapped too?''

''We came here with an ex-Marine who wanted to hide from the civil unrest that's going on in the Province.''

''Where is the ex-Marine now?''

''He is in an underground chamber. Together with a Roman girl who accompanied us on our trip!''

''They need to get out of there! If those abominations find them, they are dead!''

''What are these creatures?''

''According to my parents they were just legends. Folk tales of ancient Gauls. Nothing real about them. But.. we found out it wasn't. Me and my cousin Otilia were at a small bath house when some men seduced us. We refused their sexual advances and left the bath house. Outside the two men forced themselves upon us. We managed to beat them and flee. The next day we saw them again. This time they tried their advances again... but this time they changed..''

''Changed''

''Their appearance changed before our eyes. Their skin became filled with hair instantly. Their eyes became smaller and their voice changed into extreme heavy tones..''

''They dragged us away... and when one civilians came to our rescue they literally tore him apart and fed on his bloody internal organs. The two beings dragged us into some tunnel. When evening fell we found ourselves in some weird room. Inside the room there were people..''

''What kind of people?''

''People with expensive clothes. Think about aristocrats, solicitors, military men and also noble women. They wore some weird masks. The two creatures brought us inside. Inside the room they were singing in some weird Asian language. Then there was another man that came and he sprinkeled some olive oil on us and chanted some spell. After that we were expelled. So we were brought to  this place here. And we were penetrated by both of those creatures and by a third one...''

Otilia dries her hair. 

''Its all right Ravenna! Look, Lolina! Those creatures are called night abominations. They are people that were cursed by their community and ritually expelled to the thick woods of Gaul. Many of those woods were cut down by the Romans during Augustus' reign. Some claimed that those expelled victims became so demon possessed that they would turn into ferocious monsters at night and attack other people. Others claimed that they were a combination of humans and wolves. But that's just myth. Anyway, we figured out that those creatures are real. We don't precisely know what they are. We do know that they are dangerous and that the local leaders in the Province are aware of their existence. At that hidden meeting I recognised one of the attendees. Even though she had a mask on, I could recognise the birth mark on her left shoulder.''

''You girls need some rest..''

''So do you! Where are the beds?''

''We just arrived here. Let's look!''

''Ravenna, come!''

The four women enter into a room filled with beds. They throw themselves each on one of them. 

''I hope we are safe here'' Lolina whispers to Saulina ''Tomorrow we will look for Valerius and Oliviana.''

''When we don't find them we pick up the coins and we leave immediately to Tolosa! I don't want to spend more time around here!''

''Fine!''

When Saulina looks outside the window, she sees a group of people, wearing black robes and torches, walking into the village. 

''Lolo.. come and look'' she whispered ''You need to see this!''

When Lolo come and sees it so she almost loses her breath.

''Oh my gosh!''