Chapter 12

My eyes fluttered open as the bright sun shine through the window. Immediately I got up and closed the curtains. Today was not a day for sunlight. Today 6 years ago, my life fell apart. I could still remember every minute of that day, wishing she was still with me.

I looked at my phone. It was 5am. Sighing, I rolled over in my shitty bed and played some music. Before long it was 8am and people were beginning to get up. The smell of food began drifting upwards towards my room making me feel sick.

Judging by nobody coming up to force me to eat anything, I'm guessing they knew or at least Patty did. I looked out the window at the free remembering going to the roof with Kellin. My mouth twitched as if going to smile then stopped realising what it was about to do.

I guess that's what people don't understand about depression. It doesn't have an on/off switch and it's certainly not beautiful, poetic or romantic. It's an ugly monster that sits on your heart weighing you down so when you think you've got rock bottom, you break through and keep falling.

I picked up my guitar playing a couple of chords, making a song when I heard a knock at the door. Kellin poked his head around the door. "You want good or anything," he asked, "or do ya wanna be left alone." And in the smallest shakiest voice I managed to mutter "Please don't leave me."

Within a second he was holding me right while I began to cry. He turned my face to his and looked me in the eyes, "Your too perfect to cry. And that's not what your mom would've wanted," he said never breaking eye contact. "She would've loved you, you know," I whispered causing him to smile.

His eyes flicked down to my lips and he slowly leaned in and kissed me so sweetly. He pulled away and wiped a tear from my face. I looked at his gorgeous face and attacked his lips. He stood frozen in shock for a second before moving his lips in time with mine. As the kiss deepened, Vic lay on top of me, his tongue found it's way to mine. My fingers playing with his ebony hair. He trailed kisses down my neck before kissing me one more time.

"I hate it when your sad."