Chapter 22: At Some point, you need to step out from sweet dreams

12th December, 2015

Long time, no update! Well, I am aware of it, but blame my college, as usual :p Coming back to the book, since a lot of you requested for it, we can have the Update challenge for the next three chapters in sha Allah, starting from now!

Happy reading! :)

"Know that the life of this world is only play and amusement, pomp and mutual boasting among you, and rivalry in respect of wealth and children, as the likeness of vegetation after rain, thereof the growth is pleasing to the tiller; afterwards it dries up and you see it turning yellow; then it becomes straw. But in the Hereafter (there is) a severe torment (for the disbelievers, evil-doers), and (there is) Forgiveness from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure (for the believers, good-doers), whereas the life of this world is only a deceiving enjoyment."

[57:20]

Chapter 22:

At Some point, you need to step out from sweet dreams

"When I was three, I managed to fall from a three storey building and quite dramatically, fell on a pile of seventy mattresses that were being carried in an open truck. I didn't even get a scratch. So that's my story of a near death experience. Now it's your turn, favorite memory with friends?"

"When I finished twelfth, us boys had taken a three day road trip. On the way, our car broke down so we spent that night in a forest, set up a bonfire and slept under the open sky sharing stories about the Jinn and trying and failing to set up an open barbecue. Early morning, we woke up to the howling of wolves and roaring of lions. And when we finally arranged for the spare wheel after Fajr and were buckled inside, we got stalled for the next half hour by a tiger that refused to move out of the way. It was one crazy trip. Okay so, your turn. Favourite color? "

"Blue. Favourite sport?"

"Tennis. What's that one thing you desperately want to do from the past five years?"

"I've always dreamt of going to Umra," Dina replied immediately. "I've never been there. Okay, so, first crush?"

Bilal raised a brow at that, but since they were playing their own version of twenty questions were you answered the other person and immediately asked your own question, he didn't have much time to comment.

"When I was six, there was this girl who had just joined primary school. She had the cutest face and brown curly hair. Not sure if I can call it a crush, but I liked her enough to give her my stationery everyday. So one day it was a pencil, the other day it was a fancy eraser. Fifteen days later, mum was sick of buying me new stationery and grew suspicious. She was about to write a letter to my teacher but it was the same moment I insisted on her buying me pink sparkly pencils, and she somehow figured out I had a girlfriend who I was trying to impress."

Bilal knew this was the time he was supposed to fire his question for Dina, for in this game, you just heard the other person's answers but were not given a chance to comment on it. However, seeing his wife's expression, he couldn't help but grin at her.

"I really thought you'd say you've never had a crush or something like that," Dina said, her tone light.

"I was being honest," Bilal shrugged, a teasing grin on his lips. "Are you jealous?"

"I really am not jealous of your puppy love," she answered, and Bilal laughed at that.

"Hey! You're hurting my feelings!"

"You still have feelings for your girlfriend?"

"What if I do?"

When all that Dina did was to tilt her head and look at him questioningly, he spoke, "I'm kidding. I don't even remember her name. I think it started with a G, not sure though."