Chapter 31: The fire that lights one world burns the other

March 15th, 2016

In all honesty, this book wasn't supposed to be updated today. But after updating Chapter 2 of 'Bowled over by the broken' your comments just made me want to update Winged Dreams! Subhan Allah! So here is the next chapter, in sha Allah, I hope you like it!

If you've got any complaints about the length or unintentional errors, (Which I hope you wouldn't, for alhamdulilah, I've been blessed with exceptionally kind readers <3)please remember, updating two books in a day is a mighty task :)

Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever fasts Ramadaan and follows it with six days of Shawwaal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime.”

[Muslim, Abu Dawood]

Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Do not resent the calamities that come and the disasters that occur, for perhaps in something that you dislike will be your salvation, and perhaps in something that you prefer will be your doom.” ( not a hadith)

Chapter 31:

The fire that lights one world burns the other

Bilal and Dina's journey back home was filled with a multitude of emotions. They had left the morning after Eid with heavy hearts and although their Eid was over, they got to celebrate it a second time with their parents because in their homeland, the moon was spotted one day later than in Saudi.

It could be said that they got to celebrate two eids and since it was Jawed and Shabana's first Eid without their daughter Naila, for she was now in London with her husband's family, they liked the fact that they could spend the day with them, although they reached only in the afternoon.

It was a beautiful gathering, the celebration of Eid coupled with the sweetness of having the couple in their midst. Jawed had thrown a dinner at his place for friends and family, which included Dina and Bilal's friends, and it was safe to say that throughout, Asif and Simran had been ignoring each other.

Well, since the men and women were seated separately it wasn't very difficult, however, those who knew could see it on their faces how desperately they were trying to ignore the other's existence altogether, the few times they encountered.

The day had passed well for some and agonizingly for others, however it was over and the week that followed was spent in meeting and greeting and distributing zam zam water from Mecca and the dates purchased from Madinah.

One afternoon, it was some of the usual days when Simran and Tabasum were over at a mall near Dina's place, when Simran asked,

"What's for lunch, Dina?"

"Nothing," she shrugged. When she was met with a confused glance from Simran, Tabasum said,

"Oh you're fasting, aren't you?"

"I am," she smiled.

"What's with the smile?" Both friends asked suspiciously.

"I don't know," she replied with a dreamy sigh. "You guys know how I used to only fast during Ramadan, but the other day, Bilal suggested that we fast for Shawwal, for fasting in ramadan followed by six days in shawwal is equal to fasting for a year, and I loved the idea. I don't even know why I'm saying this, but Subhan Allah, the feeling is so beautiful. These are the times I feel that we grow strong as a couple, our love deepens, when we're worshipping Allah together. Honestly, Sim, Tabbo, as a young girl, I used to think giving expensive gifts, traveling to exotic resorts, and saying I love you every day is a yardstick to measure love. I couldn't have been more wrong. It's when we pray Tahajjud together, or he teaches me the tafseer of the Qur'an, or he holds my hand randomly or drops a kiss, and times when our focus is to reach Jannah together, these are the moments I realize how much I love him and he loves me. Our love for Allah makes us fall in love with each other. I don't know why I'm saying this, but as the married one among us three, I want you guys to remember this. Marry a man who makes you fall in love with Allah, and you'll eventually fall in love with him to no limits."