Chapter 38: The anchor of memories

9th July, 2016

When you write a story, you have a motive behind it. I wrote BM3 to educate Muslims on the beauty of Halal love; Eleven Days of Halal Dating was written to show how despite your past, you can have a beautiful future if you turn to Allah.

On the other hand, I still haven't revealed my reason for Writing Winged Dreams, despite a lot of you questioning me on it. And you'll find the answer only in my last author's note once this book is over, which is soon in sha Allah. We have about four more chaps. (It's a rough estimate)

Till then, I request you to be patient with me, and continue to support me. I know what I'm doing. I repeat, I know what I'm doing.

It really puts me off when you guys stop voting or say you wish to discontinue reading. I'm not going to be like ok do whatever you want. I value every reader of mine, silent or enthusiastic and I really look forward to your support. Winged Dreams is very close to my heart, and will continue to hold that place no matter how many books I write. The characters are real in my head and all I hope is that you relate to them as I do and show them your support.

BarakAllahu feekum to all of you who've stuck by me and continue to shower your love. Love you all for Allah's sake :")

Also, a bit late but here's your Eid gift. I hope you had a wonderful Ramadan. May Allah accept our worship and keep us steadfast. ☆ Think of our Ummah as you read this and the future chapters♡

Chapter 38:

The Anchor of Memories

After she had met her parents and her brother, her Aunts, Uncles and all her cousins, Simran blew a breath of relief and walked to her room, a wave of nostalgia hitting her.

She scanned her room, her gaze settling on her wardrobe and ever so slowly, she walked towards it.

Gingerly opening the door, she bent down to retrieve a box from inside. She carried it to her bed and sitting cross legged, she opened it.

The contents were just as she had left them years ago.

A quaint smile graced her lips when she laid hands on her physics paper from eighth grade. She had failed the mid terms by a mark, which was a first for her and while she was bawling her eyes out, Dina and Tabasum had gone running around to the respective teacher to beg her to donate a mark to their friend.

After an hour, the teacher was so fed up that she reluctantly agreed.

Smiling at the memory, she then brought out a necklace with a pendant that had TDS on it. While originally it stood for the three best friends, Tabasum liked to believe it was an abbreviation for The Dynamite Squad. Dina was the one who had customised it for them when she had gone on a holiday with her grandmom in fifth grade.

Once done relishing the memories associated with the pendent, for the next hour Simran went through the other articles in her memory box - her journals, her first watch, her first speech, her favourite hairband, and all he friendship bands from over the years, with a tag of the name of the person who had given it along with the year.

When she had lived the memories associated with all, she finally reached for the most cherished article - a bracelet made with the most beautiful of shells along with a single pearl.

Tabasum had given it to her when she had returned from her holiday to Maldives when they were in college. After giving it, she had said,

"The minute I saw the ring, I knew it was made for Dina. But I had such a tough time choosing a gift for you, Sim. Then just a day before we were supposed to leave, mom allowed Omar, Asif and I to go to the mall just beside our hotel. And when I was whining, Asif showed me the bracelet, because everyone in my family knows that you love shells and are weird liked that. But it was beyond my budget so Asif helped me buy it. But hey, it's me who's giving this gift ok?" She had ended her explanation.