Epilogue

25th December, 2016

BarakAllahu feekum to all of you for your love and patience. This is dedicated to each one of you and as promised, Shaik, a special dedication goes out to you <3

If you have any questions regarding the story that you'd like for me to answer, please leave them in the comments below. In sha Allah, I'd answer them in my upcoming Author's Note :)

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "The dua' of any one of you will be answered so long as he does not seek to hasten it, and does not say, 'I made dua' but I had no answer.'"

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5865; Muslim, 2735, from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah).

Epilogue

Sister Dina,

Every time I write to you, I have tears in my eyes. I hope you're doing well, and your babies are happy and safe.

I want to thank you yet again for sponsoring my education, for generously donating to us in the orphan home.

I've lost my parents and brothers in this land, everyday I hear news of people dying, and while I would have lost hope a long time ago, people like your husband wouldn't let me.

That afternoon, he gave up his life to protect me. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry you lost someone so close to your heart and I'm sorry for writing this although you always tell me to not feel guilty about it. Not a day goes when I don't pray for him. He was a hero, a martyr, and may Allah grant him the highest ranks of Jannah and unite you two in the Hereafter.

In your last mail you asked me how I'm doing, and I want to tell you that alhamdulilah I'm doing well. Although life has taught me innumerable lessons at a very young age, considering that a beautiful person gave his life to keep me alive, I try my best to make everyday count.

There are many things I can cry about, I can say it's unfair that I was born in this land, or cry that it isn't right I had to lose my family when I was barely a few months old while children that age only bother about toys and a good night's sleep. I can also complain that the whole world is quiet as they see us suffer, or cry that the other day, one of the brothers who takes care of us went on a rescue project and never returned.

I've seen martyr, I've witnessed heroes, I've seen the villains, I've seen devils dressed in sophisticated attire. But yet, I don't want to complain. Alhamdulilah for the life that Allah has given me, and in sha Allah, I hope to make this count.

In Jannah, we'll find peace and happiness.

Sending love and prayers to you and your beautiful family,

Yours sincerely,

Tuqa

Dina smiled reading the mail, admiring the strength of the oppressed. She had got in touch with the little girl Bilal saved and they'd occasionally write to each other. Although they had never met, they had become long distant friends. While Dina would admit she got nostalgic every time she spoke to Tuqa, for it tugged at a few strings untouched, she was glad to know she was doing well and had big dreams.

Bilal would be so proud.

"Ma!" Khalifa interrupted, bringing her back to reality and Dina got up from her chair, taking her little boy who had just woken up.

"My baby is awake?" She gushed, kissing his cheek while he crankily clung on to her.

"What does 'fa want to eat? Let's see what we have in the kitchen," Dina spoke more to herself but hearing the nickname, Khalifa asked, "Num?"