Ch-1 A New Start

(EDITED)

"This is going to be a disaster", Percy sighed.

After the war against Gaea where he had defeated Kronus , fought the worse of the monsters and protected the camp numerous times he had to go to high school. Winston's Oak High school.

Wait. How did you guess it has a lot of oak trees?

It was going to be sheer torture. He and Annabeth had decided on going to college in New Rome but turns out Annabeth had neglected some work during his dissapearance and now she had some statues and thrones to design at Mount Olympus. So for the time being Sally had decided that Percy would be going to high school near Montauk. Yes Montauk. Paul and  Sally had shifted to Montauk in a small house near the beach and Percy would be staying there now.

"It will be fine Percy", Sally chided, straightening out his shirt's collar.
"Just be careful", she smiled warmly, kissing him on the forehead.

Percy pretended to pout but his smile made its way through his lips.

"I'll be fine", he assured his mother, getting out of the Prius which still had a hoof shaped dent. He waved his mother goodbye and then turned to have a good look at the school.

Let's see how long this one lasts, Percy thought and he stepped inside.

----------------------------------------------

"Hey", someone said and Percy looked up from his locker. Beside him stood a  girl with curly black hair framing her face and brown eyes smiling up at him. She had wheatish skin and a pair of rectangular glasses were balanced on her nose. The girl was wearing blue jeans and a sky blue top along with a small silver wrist watch and Percy could see the silver chain of a locket disappearing down her top.

"You look new here", she observed, pushing her glasses back.
"I'm Charlotte Ainston. What's your name?"

Percy smiled. "I'm Perseus Jackson. But everyone calls me Percy."

"Nice name," Charlotte grinned.
"Call me Char."

Percy nodded, stretching out his hand but being the doofus he was, he dropped all the stuff in his hand.
He let out a groan and went down on his knees to pick everything up. Just when he had thought he had got everything, Charlotte bent over to pick up his schedule, studying it curiously.

"I have English as my first class too", she said, smiling at him.

Coincidence? This was getting too suspicious for Percy's liking...

He got up and shoved the rest of his stuff in the locker except his English book and notebook,making a mental note to keep an eye out for monsters.

"Come on, I'll lead the way", Charlotte said, as she handed it back to him. The bell rang and Charlotte tilted her head in the opposite way.

"Class is that way", she said, walking ahead.

Percy stood still, debating whether to follow her or not.

"Hey", she called out, eyebrows arched.
"You wanna miss your first class?"

To hell with her is she was a monster. He didn't want to be late for his first class, Percy thought, hurrying after her.

---------------------------------------------------------

"How long have you been in this school?"

"Shh", Char said, hushing him and turning her attention to the teacher.

"He's giving us a topic for our essay."