Ch-6 Demigod Pranksters

(EDITED)

The next week was torture for the demigods. The teachers piled them up with homework, worksheets, group projects and what not.

Char rarely got time to talk with Percy and Nico, let alone help them.

"Another essay on Norse mythology!" Percy groaned, loudly and the librarian shushed him.

"If I have to draw one more geometrical shape I'll kill myself", Nico declared, his head in his hands.

"This is getting boring", Percy whispered, as his eyes went over to his left.

Nico looked at Char, almost invisible behind the piles of books, her hand writing as if on fire.

"Agreed. Char is so busy and school is dull."

"What we need now", Percy said, brightening up, "is pranks."

"Usually I would disagree but this is an emergency", Nico said, grinning in agreement.

Percy gave him a mischievous smile. "You up for a visit to Lou Ellen?"

_______________________________

The unsuspecting history teacher - Ms Tyler entered the class, a frown on her face as she glanced at the class, pushing her spectacles up her nose.

Percy and Nico were sitting on the first bench with Char. They had decided not to let in Char on their secret. First off, she rarely talked these days and secondly she was a model student, maybe she would oppose the idea of breaking rules.

Anyways, the expression on her face would be priceless.

"Did you get the job done?", Percy asked in a whisper, keeping his head down as he pretended to take his book out.

Nico nodded surreptitiously, flipping the pages of his book. He had ensured that Ms. Tyler had eaten the special chocolates that had been left on her table.

Now they only had to wait.

"Now class", the teacher spoke, frowning at the students who were whispering.
"The mythology unit is over. Today we'll be starting the war unit"

Nico and Percy heaved a sigh of relief. They had had enough of mythology. Being a part of it hadn't made it any better...

"We will be starting on French Revolution. I had told everyone to do some research on it, so to test your knowledge, we'll have an oral quiz."

Char glanced at Percy and Nico suspiciously as they grinned.

The teacher cleared her throat.
"So, what was the word that cost Marie Antoinette her life?"

Several hands shot up. Ms Tyler nodded her head in a redhead's direction.

"Cake", the girl answered, standing up.

Ms Tyler frowned.
"Rake? No, she never said rake."

Percy and Nico stiffled their giggles.

The redhead spoke a little louder.
"Ma'am I said cake."

The teacher only shook her head.
"Oh dear me, no it isn't lake!"

There were some laughs.

"Maam, Sienna said Cake, not Lake. Is there something wrong with your ears?" Char said, from her seat.

Ms Tyler looked startled.
"Tears? But I only corrected her, Sienna why are you crying?"

This time almost everyone burst out laughing, with an exception of a bewildered Sienna and confused Char.

"Silence!", Ms Tyler said, raising her voice.
"There's no need of laughing when someone is crying."

"But I'm not crying!", Sienna said loudly.

"Dying? No one is dying!"

Half the class was already clutching their stomachs when Char tried to shout over the din.

"Maam, you should go to the doctor and get your ears checked", she yelled.

"No, of course your tests aren't checked yet, you just gave them yesterday!"

Even Char shook her head and bit back a smile.

Meanwhile, Ms Tyler looked at the laughing class in astonishment. What was wrong with all of them?

Suddenly, the doors burst open and Mrs. Whitley, the maths teacher barged in.

"Silence!", she yelled, glaring crossly at the whole class.

The class quietened down at once for Mrs Whitley was the most strict teacher in the school. Her sharp words could make anyone weak at their knees and her slaps were famous all over.

"Ms Tyler your class is creating such a noise, I couldn't hear my own voice!", Mrs Whitley said, looking very angry.

"Why, what happened to your hearing?" Ms Tyler asked.

The statement was so ironic that the class could barely stifle their giggles.

The two teachers stared at each other for a while. Mrs Whitley finally broke the silence.

"Please handle your class properly", she said icily.

"Sandal? Yes your sandals are quite pretty..." the teacher commented.

Nico and Percy burst out laughing along with the rest of the class. Char already had a stitch in her stomach.

"Mrs Whitley", Sienna said between giggles.

"Ms Tyler hasn't been hearing properly."

"Ah", Mrs Whitley said.
"Funny, she isn't so old, yet she is losing her hearing."

"No, I'm certainly not wearing any gold."

Mrs Whitley glared at the laughing class as she guided Ms Tyler out.

"I'll be taking Ms Tyler to the doctor and I want pin drop silence", she instructed.

"Hop? Why do you want to hop in the class..."

The class kept laughing several minutes after the teachers had gone.
Whenever they stopped, someone giggled and set them off again.

"I swear I haven't laughed this much in my whole life", Char said, breathlessly.

"And to think all this started with cake", Percy said and Nico chuckled.

"Don't think I don't know anything", Char said, arching her eyebrow at the demigods.

"I'll bet a million dollars this had something to do with you."

The demigods shrugged innocently.

"Maybe she's getting old", Percy suggested.

"She's getting gold", Nico corrected, and the duo cracked up.

Their prank had worked wonderfully.

Hey guys!

I really cracked up while writing this. Hope it was funny enough for you all! There will be a surprise in the next chapter!

Someone will come visiting ;)

The person to guess correctly will get a dedication.

Keep Reading and VOTE & COMMENT!