Ch-9 Explanations

(EDITED)

"Annabeth! Annabeth!"

Annabeth's eyes shot open as the ice-cold water made contact with her face.

"Annabeth!" Percy said, relief flooding his features.

"Thank the Gods! I-I thought-"
his voice cracked as he smiled at her.

"Its alright Seaweed Brain", Annabeth assured her.
"How long was I out?"

"A couple of minutes", Percy answered.
"Hey, are you sure you're okay?" he asked as he saw Annabeth trying to get up.

Annabeth nodded and Percy helped her up. A bright light flashed in front of her eyes. She blinked, dazzled as she finally came to her senses.

But what she saw left her numb.

"Nico", she whispered, looking in his direction. There was a pool of blood around him and his face was paler than ever.

"Gods", Percy mumbled, and dashed towards him.

Percy had nearly got a heart-attack when he had seen her like that and in his worry he had totally forgotten about Nico.

"Nico", he whispered.
"Nico wake up!"

Annabeth spotted her bag pack not far away and rummaged through it, finally finding what she was looking for.

"Percy, hold this", she instructed, handing him the nectar and ambrosia.

Annabeth peeled off Nico's jacket and rolled up his sleeve to find a deep, nasty cut. Annabeth gently dabbed it with nectar while Percy fed Nico some ambrosia.

There efforts bore fruit and a few minutes later, Nico let out a groan.

"Will", he murmured.

Percy chuckled softly.

"No Nico, you are not in the infirmary", Annabeth said, with a smile on her face.

Nico blinked.

"Then where- oh... Char's place", he remembered, blushing a little.

"You alright?" Percy asked, anxiously.

"A little shaky, but I've been through worse. A little more ambrosia and I will be fine. But what about you, Annabeth?"

Annabeth followed his gaze and saw the deep cuts on her arm from the hellhound's claws.

Percy's eyes widened.
"Here", he said, giving her ambrosia.

Annabeth had barely eaten a few bites when they heard the main door open.

The demigods looked at each other in shock. They had totally forgotten about Char.

Annabeth assessed the room. It was in total chaos. No way would they be able to explain it, unless...

"Percy", Annabeth said.
"Wash away the monster dust, quickly!"

Percy opened his mouth but Annabeth cut him off.

"Just do as I say and leave the rest to me."

Percy nodded and in seconds, there was no trace of the monsters.

Char entered the kitchen just then and her jaw dropped.

"Guys, what happened?" she cried.

"It was an earthquake", Annabeth explained, gesturing towards the mess.

"But why are you in the kitchen?" she demanded.

"Nico and I wanted to have some water so we came down. I got some minor cuts but Nico got knocked out", Annabeth said, fluently.

Char gasped as her eyes landed on Nico and she dropped beside him.

"Nico! Oh my God, are you alright? What kind of question is that! Of course you are not right. I am so sorry", Char blabbered.

"Char", Nico raised his voice.
"I'm alright, I just need some sleep. Calm down!"

"Oh no!" Char whispered.
"Anna! Is she alright? Percy, tell me!"

"Relax, she's still asleep and perfectly fine", Percy assured her.

"Its been one hectic day", Char said wearily, after she had confirmed that everyone was alright.

"I might be getting a headache", she sighed, rubbing her forehead.

The demigods took their cue.

"We should be going", Annabeth said, as she and Percy helped Nico up.

"Are you sure you don't need any help with Nico?" Char asked.

"I'm not a little child", Nico pouted, getting a laugh from the rest of them.
Char ruffled his hair, earning a nasty glare from Nico.

Percy shook his head and the three of them bade her goodbye, glad to be out of there.

-------------------------------------------

"I'm really sorry this weekend didn't turn out as you had thought", Percy said, as Annabeth leaned on his shoulder, on the couch in their living room.

They had brought Nico straight to Percy's house and Sally had insisted that he stayed the night there.

As the sun set, Percy wished he could have spent more time with his girlfriend.

"It's not your fault", Annabeth said, softly, snuggling upto him.

"Yeah, but I just wish..."

Percy trailed off as Annabeth gently kissed him.

"I liked meeting Char", Annabeth said, as they broke off.

"And I love spending time with you in any way."

Percy smiled as they kissed again.

"Do you really have to go back?" he asked, even though he knew the answer.

Annabeth smiled.
"All I ever want is to be by your side, forever."

So, this was mainly a filler chapter and the story will be ending in the next chapter and there will be a small epilogue.

I will not be making it any longer as this was always supposed to be a short story.

Thank you for your support everyone!

Till then, keep reading and VOTE & COMMENT!