The Tension Between

The tall man wearing a realistic turtle suit looks back at me. He's smirking and he likes the question I asked him. His costume looks so real that it scares me.

     He steps closer, and I had enough time to study his appearance. He isn't wearing a suit, alright. The side of his lip had a small bruise, and I think it's where I punched him. He's real. He's a turtle. A tall one, that talks. It's impossible, I know. But surprisingly, it doesn't freak me out. I don't know why, but I would love to know.

"That's right," he mumbles, "What you see is real."

My curiosity is expanding. "You're a turtle?" I drop my knuckles.

He nods as a response. I stare at him, but then I start to feel the rain.

"No way." I whisper, still staring at him. He looks up noticing the dark gray sky.

"You still in?" he smirks, glancing back at me.

     "I don't back down," I say and right after my words, I run to him and start to throw punches but he just easily dodged them. I try to lock him around my arms but he grabs my wrists and turns me around and pins me against the wall. Our face, just an inch away, and my eyes fixed with his.

He looks back at me, then his eyes trace down to my lips, and back at my eyes. "Still won't quit?"

     I shake my head and try to push him off, but he pushes me back to the wall, still pinned with my arms that are crossed against my chest. His cold wet hands gripped on my wrists losen. I just stare at him, nothing else in mind.

        "Go home." he says and takes his hands off me. Before I could move, he runs off and worked his way up to the roof of the building. Then he disappeared out of sight. Where did he come from? And who is he? I run off and take a cab home quick before the rain falls hard.

~

       New morning came quick than I expected. I stand up from the bed and wash up in the bathroom, making sure I'd feel fresh before recording again. After washing up, I head to the living room and sit on the couch. I reach for the remote control and turn the TV on. The news popped up, and they were talking about three guys who were arrested last night who recently ran off from a bar and harrassed a woman.

The men looked familiar and I remembered, they were the guys who tried to hurt me last night. They were tied up together with a sign on them that says: 

"We're drunk and we just tried to violate a woman but she got away."

        That turtle guy sure does know how to have fun. But I won't forget the little fight we had. But of course, I had to let it go. There's no way I could take him out easily. He's tall and he was surprisingly strong which was obvious because of the biceps he had around his arms that I noticed when I was thinking about him last night.

It meant nothing. I just happened to remember him. Who would not remember an incident where you fought with a turtle with human-like figures?

I stand corrected.

That turtle must be some kind of hero. I know he's just around here somewhere. And I hope I'd get to see him again. For rematch, of course.