Raphael's Rematch

Master Splinter sits on the floor, his eyes closed and his palm together. He's meditating again, and I'm surprised he isn't worried where I've been last night.

I land on my knees, my hands on either side of me. He opens his eyes and sigh, "Where have you been, my son?" he asks.

Searching for this extraordinary girl I met. "Just watching the life in the surface. Wondering if the foot will ever strike again, master."

He seems convinced, "I see, but I sense your upbringing is something else."

Yeah, and its about a girl. A human girl. "No, master, there is nothing else but my concern of the foot's next move."

     He stands up, his eyes slightly closed, squinting and looking down. He approaches me, and he puts his hands behind him. "Is that all why you're here?"

"No. I'm actually here to ask about Leo."

He passes by me and stops, "What is it, my son?"

"Where is he whenever I'm gone?"

"Your brother is just doing the same thing. Observing. The sign of being a good leader." he explains. Of course, the leader of us four. If he's up there, then why can't I see him anywhere?

     I stand up, "Of course." I reply and before I could leave the room, Master Splinter asks me a question, "Is there something that bothers you? You already know why your brother is chosen to lead, don't you?"

"It's not that. I'm done with that subject already." I groan, "It's just..." Is he watching me every night when I'm searching for the girl? "I wanted to know where he goes every night when I'm off too."

"Are you sure that's all?"

I pause and nod.

"Just avoid fighting with your brother, Raph."

"I ain't!" I defend myself, "I stopped, okay?"

"Stopped? When? After you got that bruise next to your jaw?"

     I quiet down. Dang. He noticed the bruise. Of course, how can he not notice that? But Leo isn't the reason why I got this thing. He doesn't even have a chance to give me an injury. But I guess I have to lie instead of letting him know it was because of a human girl. By a single punch. How I sound so weak.

"I'm sorry, Master."

He sighs and shakes his head. "Stop the fighting, Raphael."

"I will," I turn around, "If he'll stop being a jerk." I mumble and walk off.

Master watches me leave. I head out and take a deep breath. I think he really senses something else from me. Glad I didn't take the risk to ask him about it. About the girl.

~

     Dark starry sky, a hot cup of coffee and a great view of New York City. My night is about to end well. I pull the seam of my short shorts down a bit and brush off my shirt.

     It's been a few days after the 'almost-violation' incident. I have to say, I got pretty stressed after it, but what I could not forget was the turtle wearing the red bandanna.

     Seeing him in front of me should actually freak me out but there's a big part of me that tells me to not be afraid. Maybe because he isn't harmful despite his rude attitude that kind of matches mine... But according to him, he saved me. So no actual reason to be scared.

And hey, I punched the crap out of him! I can handle myself.

I take a sip of my coffee and stretch my legs with my feet resting on a stool. "Great evening." I smile and look up, letting the wind blow against my skin. I love this spot, the rooftop.