Without Him

Haley laid in her bed staring at the ceiling. She looked at her clock, it was 2:57am. She couldnt sleep without him. It was funny. Over a year ago all she had to do was put her head on the pillow and she was out like a light and now she couldnt even sleep without him. She couldnt even sleep in the middle of the bed anymore. She heard the phone ring but let it go. She didnt want to talk to anyone, it was probably someone calling to check on her, to see how she was doing. How did they think she was doing.

Haley got out of bed and turned on the lamp. She went over to the chair in the corner and sat in it. She pulled her knees up to her chin remembering the first time he had seen that ugly chair at a garage sale.

FLASHBACK:
Haley: "No, dont even think about it."

Lucas: "Oh come on babe, its perfect"

Haley: "Its someones dirty old chair"

Lucas: "Yah, and it needs a home" he gave her puppy dog eyes. "Its comfy and we can use it when the baby comes."

Haley rolled her eyes. "You can use it when the baby comes"
END FLASHBACK.

Lucas loved that chair. He would sit in it at night and read some book. When she would pass by him he would grab her and sit her on his lap. She couldnt believe she had let him convince her to christian that chair, she didnt even want to know who else had. Haley let out a sob but quickly got herself together. She noticed Lucas's shirt on the arm of the chair and put it up to her face to smell. It smelled like him, it had been so long since she had been surrounded by that smell. She put it on and looked around. His books were on the nightstand, his jeans were in the corner on the floor. That used to irritate her beyond anything else but he would always charm her, actually if she thought about it he could charm her out of being mad in any situation.

FLASHBACK:
Haley: "Im pregnant Lucas, I dont have time to be cleaning up your books, its called a book shelf, use it." she had just gotten up for the morning after getting no sleep because Jamie had had a bad dream only to discover Lucas's things every where.

Lucas came out of the kitchen. "Ill clean it up, I just didnt
have time yesterday."

Haley: "And I do" she was tired and hormonal and not wanting to clean up right now. Lucas came up to her and put her over his shoulder. "Put me down Lucas Eugine Scott, I am not joking"

Lucas patted her butt. "Wow, you used all three names, Imm in trouble" he sang. Next thing she knew she was being thrown on the bed. He took off his shirt and climbed on the bed.

Haley: "You know you cant just charm your way out of every..." She never got to finish that sentence because he began kissing her collarbone which was her spot.
END FLASHBACK

Haley couldnt stand it anymore and walked out of her room. She walked over to her daughters empty room and stood in the doorway. She couldnt even take care of her daughter anymore, she was at Nathans. Haley hung her head and walked into the livingroom. She looked around. Her house had slowly turned into their house. There were pictures of them everywhere. She went up to the wall and crossed her arms. One picture was a picture that Bevin had taken. Lucas had Skills had been painting the baby room while Bevin and Haley had watched.

FLASHBACK:
Lucas: "You do know you could help right" looking at the girls.

Haley: "We are busy"

Bevin: "And we dont really want to" Haley laughed. At least she had made it seem they werent trying to be lazy. Lucas looked at Skills and then they both poured paint on the girls.

Haley: "Oh, you are so dead" she was drenched with paint. Lucas walked up to her.

Lucas: "Yellow looks good on you. Who am I kidding everything looks good on you."