No More Hiding

Lucas sat on the porch watching what had become of his life, it wasnt half bad. It was another Friday night dinner which Tim was hosting this week. Jamie and Jenny were running around in the backyard being chased by Jake and Nathan. Peyton and Deb were talking at the picnic table while Brooke was mixing drinks at the bar. Skills and Tim were at the grill making the food and Jimmy and Lydia were sitting in chairs with Karen who was currently sitting on Jasons lap. Jason seemed like an ok guy but he still wasnt sure of him. Jason kissed the side of Karens neck and Karen laughed. Lucas suddenly knew he was definitely not ok with him. He looked away from them to Haley and Bevin who were laughing and holding Devin and Keith while sitting on the brick wall. He loved seeing his fianc holding their son. He couldnt believe how lucky he was to have them in his life. Lucas could have continued to stare forever except that he heard his mother laugh again. He looked back at her to see her and her new boyfriend making out. Was his mother making out? He sat up straighter in his chair and clutched the arms.

Jimmy: Hey Lucas. Lucas turned around as Haleys dad sat down next to him.

Lucas: Hey. He was still watching his mom and Jason.

Jimmy: So I had this conversation with Nathan a long time ago and although I have known you since you were running around in your undies, I think we should still talk. Lucas looked at Jimmy and sat back down. You know Haley is my baby girl. Lucas nodded. I love all my children equally but Haleyshe is different. I think because she was the last one everyone sort of put themselves as her protector. Even Taylor who god knows only cares about herself most of the time seems to be a little different with Haley then the rest of her siblings. My point is that if something or someone were to hurt my daughter I wouldnt be too happy. In fact I would do everything in my power to hurt them. You getting what Im saying here Lucas?

Lucas was nervous. Jimmy had turned from one of the nicest funniest guys he had ever known into one of the scariest. Yes sir.

Jimmy: I wasnt this harsh with Nathan but that was because I knew he never had the power to hurt my little girl like you do. Lucas was silent.

Lucas: I wont hurt her.

Jimmy nodded and got up. Before he left he leaned down close to Lucas. You just make sure you dont. His face then changed and he went back to smiling. And dont call me sir Lucas. Youve known me forever. He patted his shoulder and walked away. Lucas turned back to his mother.

Haley saw Lucas get tense and look over at Karen and Jason. Oh, she should have known that he wasnt going to get over it that fast. Bevin, can you watch Keith real quick while I talk to Luke? Bevin nodded her head yes as Haley put her son gently in his seat and walked off towards Lucas. She walked up the porch stairs and grabbed his hand just as he was getting up to go over to Karen.

Lucas: Where are we going? Haley was dragging him through the house to the bathroom. As soon as they were in there she shut and locked the door. Did you see how he was all over my mother? He practically had his tongue dow.. He didnt have a chance to finish because Haley had shoved him against the door and attacked his lips with hers. It took him a moment to realize what was happening but only a moment. His hands wrapped around her waist and her hands went under his shirt to his abs. She kissed his jaw and began to go down his neck. Lucas gripped her hips and lifted her slightly to the left so that she was sitting on the counter. Haley pulled him closer to that his hips were between her legs and she could feel him getting excited. She was slowly learning how much power she had over him. Lucas stopped kissing her and rested his hands on the counter with his head bent. Haley rubbed his neck. What was that for?

Haley smiled. I thought you needed something else to think about. Lucas kissed her again. Here is what I want you to do. Every time you see something going on between your mom and Jason that you dont like, just look over at me and think of what you would like to be doing to me. Lucas raised his eyebrows in interest. Haley wrapped her arms around his waist and scraped his bearskin with her fingers lightly causing him to shiver.