Eddward

*Kevin's POV*

"Kevin you must promise not to find humor in the style of my hair" the dork yammered pulling his hat more on his head, a light blush covered his face. "Do I look like a care about what's under that sock." I asked pointing to the beanie on his head, I actually really liked it, and secretly wished I could pull that look off.
"Well, you have teased me plenty in the past Kevin." Edd whispered looking down, I don't think I was meant to hear that. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. "I'm not like that anymore Dork." I said, and it was true. I haven't beaten him or his stupid friends in a long time, mostly cause I just didn't have time to be a bully anymore.
"Than why do you keep referring me to a 'Dork' Kevin?"
I didn't really know what to say. "Well I uh... It's kinda a pet name" I said walking to him and patting his head. I stood over him, looking down into the bluest eyes I've ever seen. "I never noticed how beautiful your eyes are dork..."
Did I just say that out loud...
"Why thank you Kevin." Edd whispered, cheeks kissed by a blush. I could feel his breath on my chest. It was my turn to blush. "I'm going to uh....  I need to go out for a smoke..." I needed air..
"Kevin that is a very unhealthy and nasty habit" Edd scrunched his nose.
"Hey Kid, I'll be right back." I patted his head again.

I walked outside inhaling a huge cloud of smoke, and pulled out my phone.

Kevin: hey can you and Nat meet me in an hour, I got some things I really need to share with you.

Nazz: yee, I'll text Nat, see you at 10 under our tree?

Kevin: yee, see you there, ily

Nazz: ily2

I put my phone away, all I needed was my two best friends, Nazz was like my sister,  we've been best friends since 2nd grade. And as for Nat, I met him in baseball in 5th grade, and us three have been inseparable since.
I thought about telling Edd where I was going, but it really wasn't his business, I mean I was only crashing here until my mom di-.... Comes home... Until my mom comes home...
I grabbed my sweater and pulled it over my head, I should only be gone an hour or two.
I finished the last drag of my cigarette and headed off to find my friends, the only ones in the world who I could tell I might have a crush on Double D