Goodnight Dork

I slowly walked up the steps to the back door and rubbed the back of my neck. "Gross!" I pulled my hand away and looked at the sweat that drenched my hand, why was I sweating? I wasn't cold, I looked at the snow that covered the ground, and sighed loudly.

"KEVIN!" The door flew open, and I felt warm air from inside hit my face, a very pissed off looking double D stood in the doorway with his arms crossed. "Kevin Barr where have you been, I've been so worried about you!" The dork looked like he was close to tears. I wanted to pull him into a hug and tell him I was sorry and...kiss him? Why the fuck did I want to kiss him.... Instead I just walked past him, and mumbled "I don't know, what are you, my fucking mom?"

"Language Kevin." Edd warned as he shut the door, "I'm going to bed it's-" he glanced at the clock, "MIDNIGHT, my oh my I shouldn't have waited up for you, how will I be up at 5am when I go to bed at these hours?!" I just stared at him, 5am? On a Saturday morning? During winter break? Whatever. "Okay dork, let's go" i sighed as I realized how tired I really was, and how all I wanted to do was fall asleep.

"Really Kevin? How do you not have sleep wear?" Double Dork looked very upset, and I just shrugged my shoulders, "I sleep naked." Double Ds face turned bright red, "nope, no no no." He turned away from me and held onto the window seal, "okay, I'll sleep in my underwear." He turned just his head to look at me, "unacceptable, I will see what my father has."

I groaned as Double D waddled out of the room, I've seen his clean shave, nice suits, wine by the fire place before bed kinda dad. He probably had silk pajama suits, the kind you see on the rich old men in dramas. He wasn't a rich old white guy.. He was a rich young white guy. Like 37 or something... Which is crazy by the way, being 20, having a baby, and still being able to be loaded. I'm pretty sure that his grandparents on both his mom and dads side are loaded too.

Double D walked into the room looking irritated, setting a pair of neatly folded (but wrinkled) pajama pants, I blinked at him. "My father owns two pairs of pajama pants." Double D explained, "and he took the race car ones, that wouldn't be a problem except these ones have a large hole in the... The rear." He blushed again... It was kinda cute... No it wasn't... I dont know. "It's fine dork" I rolled my eyes and dropped my pants. "KEVIN!" Double D pulled his hat over his face.

I stared at him.. He was wearing joggers, and a shirt that said "the names Bond, Hydrogen Bond." With a picture of a Hydrogen bond on it. I giggled. Mistake. Double D lifted his hat a little to see me just staring at him hardcore. "Kevin." Double D sounded uncomfortable. "Why are you...I uh.... I'll let you change." And he walked out the room quickly. "Fuck"

I pulled in the blue pajamas that was covered in white clouds of different shapes. Maybe I had Double Dorks dad all wrong. "You can come in now dork." He practically skipped in, but stopped suddenly. He looked at the ground. "The shirt Kevin." I shrugged and looked at the old big t shirt. Was his dad actually this big? He seemed smaller in my memories. The shirt said "why did the atom cross the road." What was with this family and science jokes? "I'm not wearing a shirt dork, Coke on its almost 1am, get to bed.

Edd looked like he was about to pass out when I said "1am" but he just stood there. Looking at the ground. "Kevin." He whispered. "Yee Dork?" He shifted his weight to the other foot. "I'm going to remove my hat, please do not find humor in it..." He sounded scared. "I promise, dorko" I raised my right hand. Double D smiled a little and took off his hat. Thick black hair spilled out covering his head and most of his face. He flipped it out of the way and waited for my response. But I was speechless.

I walked close to him, so close I could feel his deep breathing, I could practically hear the frantic heart beat in his chest, I could see all the fear in his eyes. I reached out a hand and he flinched, but I kept reaching, until I touched his hair. Wow. "Double D... Your hair is so soft!! And freaking beautiful, they make your eyes just-" I stopped, "sorry kid..." I said and Ruffled his hair. "It's pretty though, for real." I whispered, crawling into "my" bed. "Thank you Kevin." Double D whispered back, "good night Kevin."

"Good night, Dork."