Alone again

I returned home limping. Eddy thought it would have been a great idea to make our own roller coaster out of a shopping cart and a hill.

It didn't end well.

I glanced at the clock and sighed, if I was out past 10pm, I usually just stay the night at Eddy's, but I wanted to see Kevin.

"Kevin?" I yelled softly, not wanting to wake him up if he was asleep somewhere. I searched every room for him, finally settling on my room.

I looked at the broken door, and noticed all the wood was picked up. I also noticed a neatly folded letter on my dresser.

"Double Dork,

    Today I realized something, and I know you're going to laugh. When I saw you on the ground today, I wanted to kill Jimmy"

I flinched

"Dork when I held you in my arms, it was the first time I felt aright since my mom was hospitalized.  You know what I realized Double D? That you're not only my best friend, but I really like you, I really like your Raven hair, and those sky blue eyes. I like the way you look when you do math, I like your lame jokes, and I like that little gap between your teeth. I wish I could have told you all this in person, but I'm a chicken. I know you feel uncomfortable with this... So I'm staying with Nazz. I'm sorry Double D.
Love,
Kevin H. Barr.

"No..." I whispered, fat tears rolled down my face.