6

Nico was down at dinner, meanwhile Alana had managed to find a CD player with a iPod connecter in Nico's side of the room. She plugged in her iPod touch that had appeared in her side and flicked through the music until she found a song.

"perfect" she whispered, then pressed on the song and turned up the volume, she made sure that only the people in the cabin an Just outside it could hear.

"do you ever feel, like a plastic bag

drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?

do you ever feel, already very thin

like a house of cards, one blow from caving in

do you ever feel, already very deep

6ft under stream, where no one seems to hear a thing

did you know that there's, still a chance for you

there's a spark in you, you just gotta ignite that light

and let it shine, just own the night, like the fourth of July!" Alana jumped onto her bed, using her hairbrush as a microphone

"cause baby you're a firework! come and show them what you're worth! make em go ah ah ah as you shoot across the sky y y

You don't have to feel like a waste of space,

you're original, cannot be replaced,

if you only knew, what the future holds

after a hurricane, comes a rainbow

maybe a reason why, all the doors are closed

is so you can- AH!" strong arms lifted her off her bed and onto the floor.

She turned to see Jason, who started to get hit with a hairbrush.

"JASON!"

"you're a really bad singer- I had to stop it somehow"

"better off singing badly purposely than doing it accidentally."

"that was the first time I've ever seen you act your age"

"meaning?"

"You're doing it now, you act like you're way older than you are- like you're of high importance or something"

"What about the fight I had with Nico- I was childish then"

"every one can do that, it wasn't childish. especially since you've bruised his jaw."

"I'll try not to be so, posh... my singing isn't that bad"

"keep telling yourself that, now I have something to show you"

*********

Jason pulled Alana through the forest and to a clump of rocks that over looked more trees.

"It's just trees"

"honestly- sit here and you'll see" Jason Sat down on the edge of a smooth rock and Alana joined him, she gasped as she realised what he was showing her. a beautiful lake shimmered, different colours swam- literally- in the lake, like magic. it took her breath away.

"It's amazing"

"I found it a while ago, I think that we're the only people that know about it"

"the colours, must be the different bacteria In the lake, makes sense"

"I guess"

Alana rested her head on Jason's shoulder, still gazing at the lake, he pulled away and she looked up, confused. he leaned in and she froze, his lips met hers and she kissed him back. it felt like only him and her existed.

"Jason? Alana?" Alana broke free and turned her head

"Nico?"

"w-whats happening?"

"I'm sorry Nico!"

"I can't say I'm overly happy about it"

"I'm just going to go" tears sprung to Alana's eyes, she ran and ran until she hit a tree and was knocked unconscious.

Nico stared at Jason with anger.

"I told you to stay away from her!"

"Why should I?"

"because you'll just break her heart! she's my sister! the same thing happened to her as it did to me! frozen in time! Alana's from the forties! I love her as a sister!"

"well I LOVE her!"

"pretend the kiss never happened- don't EVER do it again!"