10

Alana walked out in the first dress she had been given. it was white, pure white, with silver sequins lining the bottom and top of the dress. it was tight around the top, but not tight enough to look disgusting, the bottom price flowed.

"I think I'm going to try another one"

"hm...here, try this one" exclaimed Sadie, she handed her an emerald green dress, with a dark green sewn in sash around the waist. Alana tried on the dress and found it disgusting, after trying on hundreds of other dresses, Alana found two dress that caught her attention. one was a sky blue dress, with dark blue swirls. the other was a sea green dress, with pearls running across the top. a few pearls were scattered around randomly on the bottom piece. for some reason it shimmered in the light, making it look like the sea.

"these two, I love them"

"well- you get three dresses free, be thankful that Sadie's your friend"

"three- but I-"

"this one" Sadie held out a dress that had a blend of Orange to yellow, like a sunset. the front stopped about mid thigh and the back flowed down to the ground, like a train. (AN, a train as in the dress train, long flowing back, not the transport)

gold sequins took place as a sash around the waist. the dress was strapless and left Alana speechless.

"these three- Sadie, what are you wearing?"

"this one" she pulled out a straight but flowing white dress, with golden straps.

"wow"

***** night of the ball *****

Alana slipped on her sunset dress, she was bear feet. Sadie had sorted out her hair and make up for her- sunset like eyeshadow, golden eyeliner, mascara, and golden gloss. her hair was curled with highlights, that looked, again, like a sunset.

Nico walked into their room and spotted Alana in her dress.

"like a true Apollo"

"Don't worry Nico, still Hades at heart"

"here" he passed her a golden amulet, on a black chain

"It's beautiful" she hung it around her neck, as it connected with her skin, a tingle went through her body. "I'll meet you at the party Nico- I'll be there in a sec"

"see you there" Nico disappeared into the shadows.

*********

Alana briskly walked down towards the dining area, it had been cleared out with one table left filled with food. mechanical lights with different effects hung from the ceiling. the place was amazing, immediately she spotted Sadie who was making out with a Demeter boy.

as she entered, every one looked her way and gasped. percy turned to see what every one was staring at, when he saw her, his mouth dropped open.

"hi" she exclaimed. percy walked up to her and took her by the hand, he lead her onto the dance floor and started to waltz. "it looks so much like the great hall in Harry potter"

"You can thank Leo"

"who?"

"you still haven't met him?"

"No" Alana looked confused.

"LEO!" No one stepped forwards "VALDEZ!"

"huh, yeah? Perce! what's up?"

"have you met Alana?"

"No"

"well say hi to-"

"I'm Alana"

"Leo" they shook hands "so you're the- the" Leo kept looking at her amulet

"lee, what's the matter?" percy asked, concerned.

"that amulet"

"this?" Alana gestured to it

"just turn it over for a second" Alana did as she was told and black smoke appeared from the bottom of her dress and swallowed her whole, crowds of people began to scream and gasp, as the smoke floated elsewhere, Alana came out in a jet black dress, straight but flowing, with gold straps and a gold sewn in sash as a belt. her make up and hair were totally different aswell, her hair was completely straight with gold sparkles. her eye makeup was Smokey black, meanwhile, her lips were a pale yellow.

"Nico?"

"dad gave it to me, to give to you" Nico appeared out of nowhere.

"It's, amazing. thank you Ni-" Drew walked into Alana and spilled coke all down her dress.

"oops" she giggled, unbelievably, she had managed to keep her pale pink dress coke-free.

"I'm going to go and get changed"

"see you later" waved percy.

*****

Alana was now in the sea green dress, around her head was a chain of pearls, to match her dress. She walked into the hall and searched for percy, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Leo, where's percy?"

"he walked outside with Annabeth, she needed to talk to him"

"ok, thanks!"

Alana walked outside and followed the footsteps. She reached her destination.

"percy I- percy? what are you doing?"

Percy had Annabeth up against the tree and was kissing her passionately, Percy stood back and looked at Alana.

"Alana I-"

"no! get away from me! I can't believe I trusted you! GET AWAY PERCY!" a deep and wide crack separated the two, tears raced down her face, Percy was shocked.

"we were never going to work anyway. you're a freak, maybe you're a demi God like me. but you associate with death"

"Percy?"

"yes?" he looked hopeful

"we're over" Alana walked back into the hall to see that the crack that she had create had separated the hall in two, everyone turned to look at her shocked, guilty and sad face. Alana turned and ran, as fast as she could, towards the lake. She heard Leo's shouts getting closer.