9

"look, Sadie, the ball for my birthday- it's really sweet and everything but-"

"NO BUTS! since your birthday is close to Christmas and because you love the Harry potter franchise, we are having a Yule birthday ball!"

"but I-"

"No buts. we are getting you a dress, you will come, percy is going to be there any way"

"how did you-"

"we all knew it was going to happen, he made the first move didn't he?"

"well, he kissed me"

"exactly- now come on! I got permission from Chiron to go out and get dresses!" Alana got dragged towards a tunnel, which Sadie explained as a fast-pass to fashion.

the town they went to had about five stores, there was a small store at the entrance to the town, that's where they went. it was a small charity shop, inside were dresses that weren't exactly- appealing. She was lead by Sadie to the desk at the back of the store.

"toujours" spoke Sadie in a fluent accent

'Aphrodite kids and their multiple languages' thought Alana

"oui oui. bonjour Sadie, madame Davey Est en bas, suivez-moi et je vais vous prendre à elle." the lady behind the desk spoke

"merci"

"translate?"

"ah, she said that Mrs Davey is down stairs, shell Take us to see her"

the lady walked through a barely barely visible door and down a flight of dark stairs, below was a gigantic storage room full of amazing dresses. a woman, presumably Mrs Davey, was fiddling with a beautiful baby blue strapless dress with silver sequins lining the hem.

"Madame Davey!" squealed Sadie

"Sadie! C'est si bon de te voir! Venez pour les robes, je présume?"

"oui!" Sadie looked at Alana to see that she was thoroughly confused, she returned to Madame Davey and nodded towards Alana "anglais?"

"sorry, honey" said Mrs Davey with a strong French accent. "hm... try this dress"

"Oh my gods" whispered Sadie "it's beautiful"