8

"jaaaaaaaason" whispered Alana. knocking on his door hadn't worked so she crept in with a bucket of water. She stood over his sleeping figure and held the bucket over his head.

"3...2...1..." a drenched Jason woke to see a laughing Alana rolling on the floor.

"Why?"

"need to talk to you" she said, being serious

"listen-"

"last night was a mistake, Jason. You know that too. we were tired, the lakes beauty messed with our emotions"

"yes, but-"

"Not buts Jason. you've just broken up with Piper, it's too soon."but I-"

"Jason, I'm trying to-"

"JUST LISTEN!"

Alana stayed quiet

"You don't understand, do you?"

"hm?"

"It's not just a stupid mistake, I lo-"

"Don't say it Jason, don't make it harder"

"love you"

"but I don't love you... I-i like someone else"

"who?"

"I don't want to-"

"tell me, Alana!"

Alana sat down on his bed and put her hands to her face.

"p...Percy"

"Percy? that seaweed brain?"

"Don't be angry! It's not like he likes me!"

"he's taking you away from me!"

"YOU NEVER HAD ME!"

"he's going to pay!"

"Don't Jason, you and percy are friends, you've been through so much" cried Alana, tears ran down her tanned skin. "I should never had told you"

the door to the cabin opened, percy walked in looking curious.

"hey, what's all the noi-" Jason punched percy

"NO! Jason get off of him!"

"I- Alana I'm sorry!"

"LEAVE ME ALONE- percy? can you stand?"

Percy nodded, his legs were weak and his nose was broken- Alana took him to the first aid cabin and waited with him until he gained consciousness.

"Alana?"

"hey percy"

"you've been crying?"

"have I?" she tried to wipe away the tears discretely, knowing full well that she had been crying.

"yes- why?"

"Jason"

"what's up?"

"long story"

"I have the time"

Alana smiled sweetly.

"well- last night, he showed me this lake. it was amazing. all the different bacteria glowed in different colours" she paused, percy nodded for her to go on "he watched it for a while, then he kissed me, nico saw. got mad. I went to Jason this morning and told him it was a mistake, It was, I was too tired and the lake messed with my emotions."

"carry on"

"then he told me that he thought of wasn't a mistake, and that he loved me- but I told him I liked someone else. can you figure out the rest?"

"me?"

"sorry... I shouldn't have told him, he's mad at you and he punched you and-"

"Alana, he find punch me just for that"

"What?"

"I was talking to him yesterday, and he asked me about you- what I thought about you. I told him that I liked you... a lot."

"still- if I hadn't have said, you wouldn't be here. I wouldn't be crying. Jason wouldn't hate me and you and-" percy kissed Alana on the lips, taking her by surprise.

"and I would have never told you that I liked you"