14

ashes were spilt on the floor just by the elevator, the gorgan only had time to hiss before Nico attacked it with his sword, Alana had stood there, memorized by Nico's fluent sword fighting skills. Nico stood by her side, gasping for breath.

"You haven't got a weapon yet have you?"

"No. unfortunately not"

"well I-" a small amulet with a symbol similar to ying and yang laid in her pocket, she pulled it out and examined it. there was a gold circle in the middle with a P engraved into it, the gold circle was surrounded by black, which had vines and intricate flowers engraved into it.

"how convenient" muttered Nico. "press the P"

Alana did what was suggested and a sword replaced the amulet, on the actual blade read 'Φως στο σκοτάδι'

"light in darkness" read Chiron "a present from your mother"

"I'm thankful for it, anyway, we have to get going. what's the first clue Leo?"

Leo grabbed the map and held it close to his face, reading over the riddle once, he moved the map closer to the sun rays.

"the son of Poseidon must help you on this quest, four in counting, here is the rest. the stolen lies by his first kill's victims, hidden way from ordinary sight, her head lays upon the shield of protection, owned by the Goddess of knowledge and wisdom"

"Percy? he has to help us?" questioned Nico

"I'm so sorry, Al" Leo whispered, gently holding her shoulder.

"it doesn't matter, he has to help, I have to get over him" boldly exclaimed Alana, she folded back up the map and put it back in her Jean pocket. (once she had transformed, the claiming gift had warn off).

"I'll shadow travel Percy here, meet you in the lobby." said Nico as he disappeared into the shadows, Alana watched him leave and turned to Leo

"I'll see you down there Leo, I'll be just a sec- literally" Alana, too, disappeared into the shadows. cold air whipped around her face and made her feel like she was running down a vertical building, which could most likely be true. once Alana reached the lobby, she hid behind a statue and walked out casually. standing by a small seating area was Nico, along with Percy, the elevator dinged soon after and a grumpy Leo rushed out. He stopped beside Alana and grabbed her wrist, gently but firmly.

"You ok?" he asked with worry and content in his eyes. Leo's mouth was in a straight line, mirroring the seriousness that was clear in his voice.

"I'm fine, Leo" whispered Alana reassuringly. her eyes locked with a boy, about her age, she blushed slightly, and so did he, before returning to talk to a girl, who Alana presumed was his girlfriend.

"right, Nico explained the riddle- I think I know where it is, just a rough guess really"

{~~~~~~~~~}

they arrived at an old statue shop, many of the statues had fearful expression etched into their stone faces. a small fountain lay in the middle of the lobby, gold Drachmas sat underneath the water on the lowest level. searching for what they presumed was Athenas shield, Alana quickly lost sight of the others. the bushes that created a labyrinth in the small shop guarded the view from anything else, including her friends and Percy. Alana stopped to look at a statue that looked vaguely like her friend, Jade's, mum, she knew for a fact that Jades mum was somehow associated with Greek mythology. a deep growl came from behind her, turning slowly, Alana met the face of an angry, mini, minotour.

"rebirth kind of failed then?" gulped Alana. sensing the Minotours oncoming attack, Alana used the bushes around her to latch onto the monstrous bull, as it struggled to get free, Alana stepped back into the shadows and landed next to Nico.

"carefull Nico, keep searching, oh and there's a minotour, just around the corner"

"a minotour can't fit in this shop!" whisper-shouted Percy

"No Sherbert Sherlock. It's like a mini version, like the rebirth process went wrong" replied Alana

"so it's easier to kill"

"Not necessarily Percy, it's smaller, yes, but it's carrying more strength due to its lack in size" said Alana, matter-of-factly.

suddenly, the mini minotour crashed through the bushes and speared two unfortunate staues with its horns, the minotour crashed into a thick wooden panel and struggled. crumbled bits of stone landed in their hair and clothes, making them look like stone snow men. Percy reacted quickly, Riptide was immediately pulled out of his pocket in pen form and clicked to reveal a sword, Percy swung it at the beast before being stopped by Alana, confused, Percy lowered his sword.

"the shield's on his back, look" Alana pointed to the beast's back, Nico walked next to Alana to get a better look while Leo kept back, trying to keep his flaming hands in control.

"someone needs to distract it" Nico pronounced

"I will" volunteered Leo "just get it out side" Leo ran outside and waited for the three to follow him with the creature on their tail.

"Leo! you better have a good plan! Percy's riding the damn thing!" screamed Alana. Nico and Alana were running towards Leo with their swords gripped tightly in their hands, as she was running, Alana clicked the P button on her sword and turned It back into the amulet and slipped it into her pocket. transforming into a wolf, she sped up and was next to Leo in a matter of seconds, meanwhile Percy had just ridden th minotour into the open, using its horns as a steering mechanism. Percy was thrown around wildly, and hung on tight as his legs fell from their grip around the beasts neck. Leo realised what was happening and started distracting the bull with the flames as they danced on his hands, the minotour noticed his hands and stared in a trance. Percy took this chance to to launch himself of its back, while doing so, he grabbed the shield and hit the bull over the head with it, so it was dazed. Alana returned back to human form and turned her amulet into the sword, leaping at the minotour, she stabbed it right in, where she presumed, was the heart. after the sword was pulled out, it turned to ashes. the ashes blew away in the wind.

"well, that was... fun?" said Leo