15

Alana sat on the side of the pool in silence, her feet dipped into the still, glistening water, which was tickling the tip of her toes. Her heavy and shallow breathes rang through out the lonely area, her only company were the whispering trees, that rattled in the slight breeze. The sound of footsteps came from behind her, she turned to see who it was and found a smiling Percy, quickly, Alana turned back to the water and tried to ignore the person who sat next to her shivering body.

"I'm sorry, I really am"

"For what Percy?"

"For being... A jerk. I called you a freak, I lead you on and I hurt you"

"It's fine, honestly... It's just, did you know about my condition?"

"Father gave me hints, very clear ones, in my dreams. I can't stop them"

"I know Percy" Alana whispered as she stared into space. "Do you think we'll get everything?"

"I don't know... The summer solstice isn't too far away, the gods are getting angrier. It's freezing due to the angry winds in summer! For gods sake"

"Shouldn't you iris message Annabeth?"

"No, she's off with Jason."

"You mean-"

"Yeah, caught her again"

"Right, I'm going to get some sleep and-" the trees branches started to move out towards Alana and Percy, until they wrapped around their shivering bodies. Percy took Riptide out of his jean pocket and clicked the tip, raising it above his head slightly. Alana noticed the motion and stopped him quickly, her mothers voice filling her ears. The branches dragged them towards a hole in the ground by a large willow tree, the hole was big enough to fit three people though it, but what was inside was a mystery, due to the darkness.

Percy and Alana were taken through the hole and into the seeping darkness, as they went deeper into the ground, it grew lighter, until they could see everything around them.m

"Hello, darling"

"Mom?"

"I said I would help didn't I?"

"What do you mean?" The branches set them down and rose back into the air again, Persephone looked at her daughter with loving and cheeky eyes.

"We'll, Hades' stolen item... Lets just say is with me. He's been too protective lately and I just wanted to mess with him"

"But it's wrong. the Gods... they'll get too angry"

"that's why I'm giving you it" Persephone handed Alana the sword. It's darkness radiated off the sword like a flame off coal, it made the area around them feel cold and lifeless. her mother took her hand looked down into her eyes with worry, her mouth in a straight line and her expression filled with guilt.

"I'm sorry I got you involved in all of this"

"honestly, it's ok"

"honey, you don't understand, you cannot stay in the same place for more than two days at the maximum. they're coming for you"

"who?"

"Prometheus, he has gone rogue. he hates Zeus with a passion, yes he may have fought with him against Cronus, the first Time, but ever since that punishment, things have changed.

Prometheus wants revenge on all of the Gods. he's taking probably everything dear to them, making them angry, making them abandon their children, making the children angry, which then causes the children to hate the Gods and join his army. I always knew he was trouble"

"but-"

"Go! he has already recruited hundreds of demigods, escape his grasp!" branches flew down and lifted the two confused demigods into the air and landed them safely on the ground. warmth tickled their skin, they turned and saw flames coming off the Motel, silhouettes around. to the left of the flaming building, was Leo and Nico, in the arms of two other people. suddenly, strong arms dragged Percy and Alana, in a strong grip, back to a black truck. the sword had minimized and clipped its self to her Jean pocket, next to her amulet. the seats in the truck were far from comfortable, the rough plastic edges of the arms of the seats dug into their sides, and left deep red marks.

the ride was bumpy, many times Alana fell out of her seat and banged her head hard on the cold floor. once they had arrived, the odd pair were blindfolded and cuffed, the walk to the building was uncomfortable, due to the fact that the path was extremely rocky.

they came to a stop and their blindfolds were ripped off, the light temporarily blinded them. around them were dozens of cells which looked oddly like the cabinets camp half blood. Alana was thrown into a small cell with plants, light and darkness. meanwhile, Percy was thrown into a half water, half land cell. the cages stopped their gifts from working.

"welcome to your new home" pronounced a burly man

(AN) if you're liking my story, please tell others about it. can you please comment aswell, just so I know what you like and dislike about it and if I should carry on. thanks!!! there will be a sequel, called fiery blood. it will start from their capture.