Chapter 1

In city like Dubai, mornings were always busy, everyone was rushing to go somewhere.

Hind sat in her car staring at the clock. It was eight past ten. She has been stuck in traffic for the past 20 minutes. She couldn't afford to be late, specially not in her first month of work, her boss Mohammed was strict, he has only been back from a business trip recently but she felt the huge change in the ambiance of the place. He's the type of a person you acknowledge their presence despite their silence. He has sharp looks that her colleagues swear it can bruise your inside, luckily for her she never looked him in the eyes, he never looked at her either, he has only spoken few words to her, and during them all he hasn't made the effort to look at her.

She parked her car and she rushed to the office, as soon as she arrived she placed her things in the table and she switched her computer on.

"Hind, can you please take these papers with you on your way to Mr. Mohammed's office." Salama her coworker said leaving a stack of papers on her desk.

"On my way?" Hind asked.

"Yes, he asked about you 10 minutes ago I told him you weren't here yet." Her eyes widened at what her colleague said.

Why would he personally ask for her?

She was scared, petrified to say the least.

She knocked three times before entering, she breathed in and out trying to calm her nerves.

His office was huge, decorated with dark wooden floor and a dark wooden table at the center of the room, he didn't have a single picture in the room, it looks almost new, like it hasn't been used. the room was dark, the only source of light is coming from the huge glass window that has a beautiful view of the city. His eyes were engrossed on the papers in front of him not acknowledging her presence. In front of him another guy is sitting, giving her his back.

"Alssalam allikum." She greeted, trying to get his attention.

He murmured something back, a reply to her salam (greeting) perhaps.

"You asked for me sir?" She asked as she walked forward, gently placing that pile of papers she was holding on his desk.

"Ms Hind ?" He asked looking at her for the first time.

The first thing she noticed was his dark eyes, they were so dark, so rich in color, she has never seen such eyes before, she felt intimidated by his looks. She quickly looked away.

"Yes."

The guy who was giving her his back turned around and looked at her observing her. She has never seen this guy before, she felt uncomfortable under his gaze.

"You were hired without having an interview with me because I was out of town, you see I don't usually hire people in my company without personally interviewing them." His eyes were now fixed on the papers in front of him again, and she sighed a little.

She didn't know where the conversation was going to, is he firing her?

She swallowed the lump that was forming in her throat.

She silently prayed to Allah that he wouldn't.

"You were late today." He added.

"Yes, I was st-" he raised his hand silencing her without giving her a second glance.

"It shouldn't happen again." He stated.

"Inshallah." She said.

"You can leave." He dismissed her.

He didn't have to yell to frighten her, his deadly looks were enough to send her away.

As soon she left the office Mayed turned around looking at his cousin.

"Her." He said.

"What do you mean her?" Mohammed asked.

"That bet you lost, I choose her." Mayed smiled devilishly.

"No." Mohammed sharply said.

"You lost the bet man, are you backing down now?" Mayed questioned. He knew his cousin really well he wouldn't back down on a promise he did not now, not ever.

 "you're scared aren't you?" Mayed added mockingly.

Mohammed was frustrated, he never lost a bet, not a stupid one. If he knew he was going to lose he would've not agreed that day, he clenched his fist trying to control his irritation. He cursed under his breath. If he backed down now he knew his cousin would abase him for the rest of his life.

"Why her?" Mohammed asked frustrated, Mayed couldn't find anyone but his new employee which from what he have heard so far is great at her work. He called her to ask her some questions, and ask her to fill out some missing papers but because of his cousin's  presence he decided to do it someother time, and right now he wishes if he asked for her some other time .

"She looks different." Mayed shrugged.

Mohammed didn't know what his cousin meant, she was beyond normal, she was beautiful yes, it was the first thing he noticed about her when he surveyed her in his office, but nothing out of the ordinary.

"Fine." Mohammed agreed, and at that moment he cursed his cousin a thousand times in his head, he loved his cousin dearly, they were more than brothers, inseparable but at that moment all he wanted to do is punch him on his face.

Hello everyone,

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know what you think by commenting and don't forget to like.