Chapter 4

"When I wiped you from the book of memory, I did not know I was striking out half my life"

― Nizar Qabbani

"Why?" He didn't really care, but he had to ask or she'll start questioning him if he didn't which will result in a longer conversation that he wasn't in the mood for.

He doesn't understand his mother sometimes, she doesn't say what's on her mind straight away, and it tires him.

"Well son –"She clapped her hands. "At least Shamma is still available." She changed the subject.

"Amaya." Mohammed groaned.

"Look son, I want you to get married, I really do, but not to her." His mother said.

"And what's wrong with her?" Mohammed asked, he's never curious but he slightly was at that moment.

"Well, her family are like-" She paused for a second. "They're average people my son, they're not rich." His mother said.

Mohammed was shocked by the way his mother thinks.

"That's it?" he asked. For some reason he hoped there was another reason.

His mother nodded.

He opened his mouth to talk but was cut short by his father's voice.

"What is the matter?" Abu Mohammed looked at his wife.

"Nothing we were just talking." Um Mohammed looked at her son in a way indicating for him to stay silent.

"Who's not rich?" Abu Mohammed asked.

When he arrived his wife was very engaged in the conversation she didn't notice his presence, he only heard half of the discussion, he was curious to know what they're hiding.

"It's nothing, don't worry." His wife assured him.

"Tell me now." Abu Mohammed firmly said.

What Abu Mohammed hates the most is secrets. He didn't like when things happened behind his back and his wife knew that.

"Mohammed wants to get married." She said with sadness filling her voice.

"Really?" Abu Mohammed looked at his son with pride filling his eyes.

Mohammed just nodded, he wanted to shake his head and say no, but for some reason he didn't.

Abu Mohammed rarely shows affection to his sons, but for the first in a very long time he did. He walked toward Mohammed and he hugged him.

Everything Mohammed has ever done or worked for in his life, was because of one thing, he wanted his father to be proud of him and right now he is, it made the inside of Mohammed smile but on his face a smile was barely visible. He was made out of stone after all.

"So who's the girl?" Abu Mohammed asked.

"Shamma, I want him to marry Shamma." Um Mohammed quickly said.

"Mira." Abu Mohammed looked at his wife with a stern look. "Mohammed?"

Abu Mohammed knew his son's opinion regarding Shamma, and he never approved of the way his wife acted.

Mohammed wanted to tell them he didn't want to get married and the whole thing is an outcome of a stupid bet he lost.

But he couldn't the way his father looked at him today stirred something in him. It's the one look he desired for for so long.

Mohammed told his father her name, his father's smiled, while his mother was infuriated.

A week had passed since Mohammed has told his father, he'd been to work every single day, despite that he hasn't seen Hind and he didn't even think about it as his mind was occupied with the new business deal, today was the day of the meeting with the other company and that's the only thing that was running through Mohammed's mind is to sign and get it over with.

"It's always a pleasure working with you Mohammed." Mark the ceo of the other company said shaking Mohammed's hands after signing.

"likewise." Mohammed nodded.

Mohammed finally felt relieved, after a whole month of hard work they finally signed. He walked Mark to the exist door before returning to his office.

As he turned around he felt someone bumping into him, Mohammed clenched his fist, and he closed trying to calm himself.

His eyes were met with chocolate brown ones. He looked at her a split second noticing how her her eyes went wider and her cheeks are getting rosier.

She was traumatized to say the least she was beyond embarrassed, she was on her way to get water when one of her colleagues called her name, she turned around not noticing that someone was walking toward the same direction.

To her misfortune she bumped into none else but her boss, his eyes were burning holes into hers, he was beyond pissed she could feel it.

She couldn't move she was frozen.

The office went silent, everyone was watching them and she knew that which made her feel even more embarrassed, she wanted to cry.

"I-I'm sor-" she stuttered, he didn't let her finish as he walked past her not uttering a word.

As he passed by her she felt tears forming in her eyes, everyone was looking at her now waiting for her reaction she was still standing on the same spot, she tried to keep them in, she tried to calm herself, she faked a smile and she walked like nothing had happened, but as soon as she reached the bathroom she couldn't keep them any longer, and she let them fall.

After calming herself and fixing her makeup, she walked back to her office, what she didn't notice is Mohammed coming out of his office,

He looked at Hind noticing her red eyes, was she cry? He wondered.

But why was she crying?

Um Mohammed: The mother of Mohammed.

Abu Mohammed: The father of Mohammed.

Amaya: Mom

Please don't forget to vote and leave a comment.