Chapter 2

"My alone feels so good, I'll only have you if you're sweeter than my solitude."

― Warsan Shire

Hind was glad she didn't get fired the other day, because of that she made sure she comes early the following day.

Today she was the first to come, it wasn't even 7 am yet, the office was still empty. She switched her computer on and she started working.

10 minutes later she heard footsteps indicating that someone has arrived.

As she turned to see who has come, her eyes settled on no other eyes than her boss's.

She immediately turned away engaging herself with her work.

He walked to his office in silence not uttering a word to her.

He was surprised to learn someone was already at the office this early, usually people start coming after 7:30.

As he sat in his office debating whether to have the interview he was supposed to have with her the day before that was cut short due to his cousin's presence.

He picked his phone and he asked her to come to his office.

Hind didn't know why he asked for her to come to his office again.

She walked to his office, knocked on his door, she didn't hear a reply, but she opened the door he was expecting her to come anyways.

"Alssalam allikum." She greeted him.

He didn't even bother to reply.

His eyes were fixed on the screen this time, and with his hands he motioned her to sit.

She sat down waiting for him to talk.

Few minutes had past, they might've been seconds for all she knows.

He finally spoke.

"So, Hind." His eyes made an eye contact with her for millisecond before his gaze was drifted to something else.

She waited impatiently for him to continue talking.

"You need to fill out these papers." He handed the papers.

As he looked through her papers it didn't mention if she was single or married, he hoped that she was, he looked at her hands as she took the papers, there is no ring. Shit.

Maybe she is but she's not wearing it? He hoped that's the case.

In his head he cursed his stupid cousin and the stupid bet he agreed on.

"Give them to Maha when you're done filling them." He added.

He decided it was too late for an interview now, as her paper states almost everything he would like to know about her background. Not her relationship status though.

He dismissed her and went back to work.

He didn't pay a single glance to her face, he was truly not interested, if she wasn't married he would propose to her, he hoped she would deny him, but who is he kidding here, not accepting him wasn't something he really considered because of his status as a person, he's a great catch after all

He was not one bit curious about her, she looked like any spoiled girl he had came across.

He didn't need to know her to know that, the way she walked says it all, she looked confident too confident.