Chapter 6

And the writing is still : to you, with you, about you, because of you and for you.
- Nizar Qabbani

-----------------

"What do you mean?" Umm Hind looked at her.

Hind looked at her mother trying to form a sentence that her mother would understand her from.
How ironic, today might be the first time he makes eye contacts with her, and he looked well he didn't exactly look like anything, his face didn't hold any expression, but his eyes, his eyes despite their rich dark color they radiated so much anger she felt it.

There is no way he actually chose her, so what his mother did? from all the girls she could've picked, girls from a higher society, a girl that would actually fit him, she wasn't poor, and she never needed more money, she was thankful for everything she has, but she wasn't filthy rich, she knew his family they were known for their wealth, she was just a normal simple girl, with a simple life.

"Hind?" Her mom called cutting her train of thoughts.

"Yes?"

"I'll give you time to think about it." Her mother said as she saw her daughter deep in thoughts.

"No mom, I don't need time." Hind replied.

"You don't?" Umm Hind never doubted her daughters action, she knew her daughter really well, and she knew she wasn't living some romance with her boss, but what confused her the most is how surprised her daughter was.

"No." Hind said.

"No?"

"No, I don't want to marry him." Hind said.

"I'll still give you time to think." Her mom said leaving the room and closing the door behind her. She didn't want her daughter to decide now and regret her decision later.

Her mind was quickly occupied by thoughts.

Why her? She thought to herself remembering his chiseled face, his straight nose and his dark eyes that are covered by a thick set of lashes.

He was way out of her league, she's been told she was beautiful from a very young age, and it wasn't about the looks for her either, he was rich, too rich, and she felt there was something wrong, it didn't feel right, like there is a mistake.

He never showed any interest in her through their few encounters, hell he barely even looked at her, and she's sure as hell she has never met his mother if it was an arranged marriage.

She knew her answer wouldn't change tomorrow, but she she didn't bother going to her mother to tell her answer again now.

All she wanted to do today was lay in bed and relax her mind after the hectic day she had, but there is no hope in sleeping now.

She played a movie in her laptop, but halfway through the movie her mind dozed off, she remembered his eyes again and she shuddered. The though of him intimidates every single cell in her body, how can she marry such a man. The answer is definitely a NO.

The next day Hind skipped work, she called them informing them she won't come, it was ok since it's the first day off she has taken, and she's allowed to take on every month.

She was actually scared to go, she didn't know how to face him, will she actually be fired because she said no? Can he do that?

So many questions were running through her mind, beside getting fired at the first couple of months wouldn't look good on her resume.

Her mom didn't question the reason she didn't go to work today, and she was grateful for that, because honestly telling her mother she's scared would upset her, her mother taught her how to be strong, how to stand up for herself, how to keep her head high, she knew her mother wouldn't be pleased by her answer.

"Did you think about it?" Her mother asked. As they sat down in their small backyard, her mother was drinking tea while reading a book, as soon as she saw her daughter approaching her she placed the book upside down, she handed her a cup of tea.

"Yes, and No I don't want to marry him" Hind said nervously.

"Are you sure?" Her mother questioned.

"Yes mama I'm sure." Hind nodded. She believed she was doing the right thing.

"But you work for the guy?" Her mother said.

"I know."

"Why don't you want him?" Her mother asked. Hind and her mother were really close, and her mother was her best friend. Her mother wanted to make sure her daughter is doing the right thing.

"Mama it doesn't feel right, the guy never paid attention to me, I don't understand what's going on but it seems fishy to me." Hind said truthfully.

"How do you know that?" Her Mom said with a hint of a smile.

"I told you he never looked at me for more than a mere second." Hind said.

"Maybe he secretly did." He mother winked with a smile.

"Mama he's like tall and like big, not really big but he's like scary, I'm not talking about his physical features, because his features aren't scary but his eyes, I mean his looks, the way he looks, and he's so serious, too serious, and you're hinting that he might have like a secret crush on me." Hind ranted rolling her eyes at her last statement.

"So you're basically saying he's fine looking but with scary looks?" Her Mom asked.

"Yes, Yes." Hind nodded.

"So he's like handsome?" Her mother teased.

"Mama!" Hind squealed.

"Ok listen if you're sure about you're answer I'm going to call the woman right now and tell her, but if you need more time- "

"No mama I'm sure call her now." Hind quickly said.

"As you wish." Her mother shrugged picking her phone and going inside the house, Hind walked back in to her room and she locked the door behind her.

On the bright side she wouldn't have to see him for two more days, as it's already Thursday, and he might forget about her till then, at least that's what she hoped for.

After calling umm Mohammad, Umm Hind noticed that she didn't seem disappointed, in fact she felt relieved?

She shook her head not wanting to think about it.

She went to check up on lunch as Mansour will be home soon.

____________

"The woman had the decency to decline my son." Umm Mohammad said to her Husband, not noticing Mohammad's arrival.

"Who do they actually think they are?" She said in mockery.

She was in fact relieved they said no, but she couldn't help the irritation she felt toward them, her son was going to be the best thing that ever happened to them.

"Their loss." She shrugged.

Abu Mohammad was about to speak when he noticed his son standing behind his wife.

Mohammad gathered from his mother's talk that Hind said no, she said no?

He was in a state of confusion, he didn't speak, he walked straight to his quarter, that consists of two rooms, a small kitchen and a living room.

Isn't relief what he's supposed to feel? But what he felt was sure as hell not relief.

Hello,
I hope you enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to vote and please leave a comment, I would like to know what you all think of the story so far. I will try to update tomorrow or the day after.