Chapter 7

You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?
- Rumi

-----------------------

He was offended, why would this girl deny him? 

Why would she say no? is she engaged, no she is not, not according to Mayed, then what is it?

Is it him in particular that she doesn't want? Or what is it?

Is that the reason she didn't show up today?

He actually thought she was just feeling shy.

As the day went by the idea angered him a lot, why would an employee of his say no to him, he was the boss after all, of not just any normal company, it was one of the biggest in the region.

How dare she?

He couldn't wait till Sunday, he wanted to ask her what good of a reason does she have to dare to say no.

It was the first time in Mohammad's whole life he hear a "no", everything he has ever wanted he got it. But receiving his first no didn't go that easy on him.

That damn girl with lightest shade of brown eyes he has ever seen. 

He couldn't wait till he sees her again, he was fuming, he was beyond mad.

Sunday never felt that far away.

___________

He met with Mayed later that day in the farm. He didn't feel like going but sitting in his room wondering what went foolishly wrong in her mind to give her the courage to say no to him would have turned his hair white before Sunday.

"You're too quiet today." Mayed complained handing his cousin a plate of barbequed food.

Mohammad looked at Mayed, and then to the plate of food he handed him, before taking it. He was indeed deep in thoughts, not noticing that he hasn't spoken a word since he arrived.

"Not that you were talkative before." Mayed rolled his eyes.

After eating their food in silence Mayed spoke again.

"I just remembered, what happened with the marriage thing?" Mayed asked.

Mohammad tried to calm himself as he felt anger fueling him again.

"Nothing." He sternly said as he placed his plate on the table and he walked toward the door.

"I'm leaving." He announced.

He heard some of his friends complaining but he was too irritated now to reply.

--------

After telling her mother her answer Hind went back to her normal life, she spent her Thursday with her family, she tried to occupy her mind and not think about what might happen when he sees her.

Friday went like a blur, it went faster than Hind hoped it would, and the following day as well.

It was Sunday morning, Hind was still in bed praying in her mind that Mohammad, her boss forgot about the matter.

She half laughed as she remembered how embarrassed she was when she bumped into him. She didn't know what awaits her as she get home.

"Ya allah please help me survive this day." She sighed as she got up to get ready.

Little did she know that her boss was already in his office waiting for Hind to arrive.

He told his secretary to notify him of her arrival as soon as she comes.