Chapter 8

"Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity."

- Khalil Gibran

He looked at her and for the first time he was lost for words, he was speechless.

"Because I asked you to." Mohammad finally spoke.

"I don't understand." Hind stated.

"What don't you understand?"  Mohammad asked.

"Why you want to marry me." Hind said in a soft voice that was barely audible, but he heard it, she was embarrassed to say that but it's the truth, it's how she felt.

Mohammad was speechless once again, why does he want to? Because he lost a bet? Because she denied him, but most importantly he didn't know why he's questioning her now.

"We're coming to your house this weekend, the men, to officially propose." With that he ended the conversation.

Hind didn't know what to say, what is wrong with him? She already gave them her answer.

Hind stayed frozen in her seat before she heard him dismiss her. "You can get back to your work now."

She walked out of his office without uttering a word, mainly because she didn't know want to say. She needed some time to think.

She walked to the bathroom, it was the only quiet place she could think of right now, she looked at her reflection, she looks like any other girl, nothing out of the ordinary, she had a small nose, a pouty but not so big lips and brown eyes, really nothing special she thought to herself. Why her?

As the minutes passed the madder she got, What the hell is he talking about?

She didn't understand what was going on, what the hell is he talking about?

Does he think he can have her because he's her boss? does he think he can buy anything with his money including her? The more she thought about the angrier she got. Hind never felt that much anger in her life, and suddenly the realization popped into her head, is he forcing her to marry him now?

She found herself opening his office's door harshly without knocking.

"Who do you think you are?" Hind angrily asked.

He was on the phone.

"I'll call you back Ahmad." Mohammad ended the line.

He looked at Hind for a second before opening a folder to start working on it.

"I'm talking you to you." Hind walked closer irritated of the fact that he's ignoring her now but he continued ignoring her. He was too calm, too engrossed in his work like her presence wasn't acknowledgeable, like her voice isn't audible.

She didn't know where all this courage is coming from, but she was shocked herself even more when she pulled the folder he was working on. He was ignoring and her anger got the best of her.

Mohammad quickly got caught of her wrist.

He was usually calm, he never gets angry, actually he never had to.

But this woman is making him mad right now.

"I said you can go back to your work now." He firmly said with his face inches away from her.

Hind was fighting the tear that was threatening to spell any second. Her heart was beating louder than usual, she was petrified. He didn't look mad but his eyes were burning holes in her skull. He freed her wrist as his eyes met hers but she quickly looked away.