Arms Race

L's POV
It's Christmas. The sound of bells ringing and little children singing songs about a God who saved the world. Sounds familiar right? Everything just reminded me of Light, the snow of his bleak skin, the chocolates of his eyes; you get the idea. I was too depressed. It's been a few months now since the breakup, and still haven't pulled myself together to get over him whereas in the meantime he probably has. How typical of Light.

"Oh God, oh god, why must you forsaken me"

My body turned to see Matt kneeling by the tree, a slight tear burning his cheek. I rushed to his side, wrapping my hands around his sides, only to see more tears.

"M-Matt!".

I took away my hand for it to be covered in a crimson layer of sin. How did I not see it! L! You idiot! The mirror was smashed besides him. The shards weepingly laying around him like small children. A faint ironic ringing of bells in the distance as he fell into my arms.

"T-This can't be! P-please no"
"Lawliet" he whimpered, raising a hand and putting it on my cheek.

"I-I'm sorry for all t-the trouble I caused".
I looked at him, my face turned pale.

"What trouble"
I chuckled, fear creeping in my throat.

"D-Don't you remember L...."

~2 months previous~

Matt's POV
I could see the lad was heart broken from his ex, even though I think he's a fag I sorta care for him.
" 'Ere Lad" I spat, dragging him up to his feet, "Come wid me".
I somewhat dragged him off his feet and took him into my apartment. Sure- there was a few things strewn on the floor but its not my fault. I blame Mello.

"A-Are you going to ki-ll"

"What kind of person do you take me for you dumb shit"

I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, listen. My good friend Mello is after this Kira fella- or whatever he's called- and he's"

"Kira? I know him"

My eyes opened wide in awe.

"You do?!"

"He's my ex"

Of fucking course he is

He then went on to explain his situation and all that I needed to know. For once, I felt sorry for the poor lad.

"Well let me tell you- there's a war coming and they all start with an Arms Race"

L's POV

"It all starts with an Arms Race"
"Exactly"

A little blood was now on my, not so innocent, white shirt.

"Good luck L-"
'N-No Matt!"

"And Merry Christmas"

//AN: Holy crap its been forever! ¡Hola! Also Merry Christmas. I thought a Christmassy-ish chapter would be nice. Anyways, don't forget to share comment and rate!!//