FOUR

JENNIFER

I haven't had a hectic week like this since college. I had meetings every single day of the week. All of my children's parents requested parent-teacher conferences. Then my boss, principal of the school, wanted a meeting with all the teachers. Then she requested to see us all individually. Not to mention that grades were also due this week. I had to miss my Wednesday night church Women's meeting to make all of my meetings. But that is the life of a teacher.

"You have a good evening Miss MacMillian. It was nice meeting you." That was my last parent of the week. I am so glad that Thanksgiving is next week, therefore, I get the entire week off. Hallelujah!

"Same here. Bye Thomas. See you after the holiday." I waved as father and son disappear through the door.

I look around my classroom and I'm thankful that I kept arts and crafts to a minimal. There isn't much to clean up. Just putting books back on the shelves and chairs on the tables. It also does not hurt that I have an awesome group of kiddos. They are very good at cleaning up behind themselves and teamwork.

The sound of my phone vibrating in my purse pulls my attention. By the time I get the phone from my purse it has already stopped ringing. So check my missed calls and see a number I don't recognize. I know normally people would call back to see who called from the number but not me. I put my phone back into my purse and finish cleaning my room.

By the time I get home it's well after 6:00 p.m. All I want to do is climb into bed and stay there til Sunday. However, I have a bestie that won't hear any of that. I am barely in the door when she starts questioning me. "Why didn't you answer your phone when I called you?" Now I gave her an extra key for emergencies only but as you can tell she does not understand that.

"Well I was cleaning up and I did not recognize the number. Why'd you change numbers?" I ask passing by her to my bedroom and of course, she follows.

"Well, you remember Michael." I put the last of my things down and turn to face her with a perplexed look.

"You mean Bryan's friend." To which she nods in confirmation before replying.

"The one in the same. This fool has been calling me non-stop. He's got some crazy idea since you and Bryan got a thang going on. Him and I should too. Girl, he is out his mind. Aint no way I'm going back to that." Her whole demeanor changes as a slow smile spread across her face. Tianna walks over to my bed sits down and crosses her legs. "Speaking of Bryan. How is that going?"

I remove my coat and step into my walk in closet. "Well since you are being so nosy. Things are going great. He is such an amazing guy."

"So when are we seeing him again," Tianna yells from my room. I could tell by the sound of her voice she had moved from her spot on the bed.

"I'm not seeing him for another two weeks. He's away on business and won't be back before then." I step back into the room to see what she was up to. Of course, she was being nosy on my computer. "Dang Tia, you are so nosy!" I couldn't help but laugh at her reaction. She jumped about a mile out of her chair.

"Jen, you are going to send me to an early grave. Don't do that! Don't make me call your Momma." The latter caused me to sober up just a little.

I point a finger at her, "see its things like that which makes me want to reconsider I friendship."

She rolls her eyes and turns back to my computer. "Girl, please you can't live without me."

"Whatever. What are you looking at?" I step up to my desk and peak over her shoulder. Tianna can be so predictable. Always on Twitter playing hashtag games. I personally think she needs to get some professional help or go to hash-taggers anonymous.