SEVENTEEN

YAY ANOTHER UPDATE!! 

JENNIFER

After five more hours of driving, we were finally driving across the bridge to South Padre Island

After five more hours of driving, we were finally driving across the bridge to South Padre Island. I have never been so far South a day in my life and I'm glad Tianna dragged me out of the house. We haven't even reached the house we are staying in but already the beauty of this place is cheering me up. I'm glad that Tianna thought to bring my laptop because I can already feel the inspiration.

Pulling up to the house Tianna and Andrew decided to rent rather than staying at hotel had me speechless

Pulling up to the house Tianna and Andrew decided to rent rather than staying at hotel had me speechless. There are seven bedrooms, a pool and it backed right on to the beach. The first thing I did was locate a room with a beach view and set my laptop up. Luckily, they were all so tired from the drive, not to mention the constant ringing of phones. A quick nap should have them all reenergized for dinner. Until then I suppose I will write my last few chapters for If It's Meant to Be.

I was just about done with The Last Chapter when a hand on my shoulder causes me to jump out of my seat. I spun around which yanked my earbuds from my ears. My arms automatically cocked back as my fist balled but before my arm propelled forward my eyes focused.

"Damn it! Don't do that."

"Sorry. I kept calling you but you obviously couldn't hear me." Toby bent down and picked up my earbuds from the floor. Standing, "I came to tell you dinner is ready" I took the now broken earbuds from his hand.

Sigh, "I'll be down in a minute. Thanks." Turning back around I try to re-gather my thoughts. Looking out the window I realized that the sun had set and I hadn't even noticed. It's been hours since we arrived and in all that time I hadn't stopped writing.

Rereading the last couple of paragraphs, I start writing once again. Closing this story is bitter sweet. Everything seems to be happening so fast with my characters but I think the timing is happening the way their life is planned out. Just as I write the last sentence a tear falls from my eyes. As a writer saying goodbye to a character or a story is hard. No matter how many times I may think this character or that one is modeled after someone in my life they all have a little of me in them.