Chapter 4: The Changes

The team heads home after finishing up the case. "That case went faster then it usually does." Prentiss comments as she sits next to JJ.

"Well our genius here made that possible." Morgan states, trying to grab Reids attention.

Reid Just does his famous small and quick nod smile. "Thanks." He mumbles. "To be honest it was Just obvious." He states.

"How so?" JJ asks as she leans in closer to listen.

"The way he acted when Hotch and I arrived. Then the fact once Hotch left me alone there, he was right there asking me if i needed any help." Reid explains. "Then when he brought me a water when I didn't even ask For any and how he didn't get anything For Rossi or Morgan."

"How did that pin it all together?" Rossi asks, extremely curious.

"The way he talked about Deputy Rick." Reid answers in a quiet voice. He starts to fidget with the BAU t-shirt Morgan grabbed him. It was a bit baggy on him, but a lot of t-shirts are because of how skinny he is.

"Who's up For getting a drink when we finish the report?" Prentiss asks.

"I'll be there." JJ states, raising her hand.

"Count me in." Morgan laughs.

"I'll give and go." Rossi states.

"Raincheck." Hotch states.

"Reid?" Prentiss waits For his answer.

"Sorry but no." Reid answers. "I Just wanna go home and Just..." the image of Alex shooting himself comes back to him.

Memory/previous moment:

"Did he hurt them because of the fact he was jealous?" Reid asks.

"Nope." Answers Alex.

"Then why?" Reid asks, leaning in closer.

Alex leans in closer and looks Reid in the eyes. "Because I told him too." He states, with a proud grin.

"Why?" Reid asks even more confused. "Did she hurt you?"

"She used me." Alex growls and stands up. Reid stands up as well, readying himself For the attack that never came. Alex pulls out a gun from under the table and puts it up to his chin. "She never loved me. She wanted to use me and make Rick jealous." He answers and clicks the safety off.

"No! Don't!" Reid calls out, unable to move. And then boom! Blood everywhere.

Now:

"Reid?" Hotch nudges Reid, snapping him back to the present time.

Reid sees everyone looking at him. "What?" He asks.

"You were pretty spaced out." Rossi states.

"Sorry." Reid mumbles.

When the jet lands, Reid and Hotch are the last ones off. "Reid." Reid turns to face him. "That kiss. You and Morgan-''

"No." Reid states before Hotch finishes his question. He then walks up to Hotch and looks him in the eyes. "I've fallen For you." He mumbles.

Hotch gives him a quick smile then quickly, gently, and passionally kisses him on the lips. "Good."

A month passes and Morgan still can't stand to see Reid with Hotch. Everyday those two walk in together he feels this bubbling feeling of jealousy and hatred towards Hotch.

And right on cue, Reid and Hotch both walk in. Hotch opens the door for Reid with a huge grin on his face, while Reid spins around to face him as he walks in while laughing. "Great, the love birds arrived." Morgan mumbles and storms off towards his desk.