N I N E T E E N

*6 Days later*

I am leaving for the States tomorrow. I haven't said a word to Taehyung. I thought about what Jinyoung said. He was right. I called Taehyung.

T: Yeobuseyo?
M: Taehyung ah,
T: Min Jung?! Wae?
M: Taehyung, are you free right now?
T: Yeah, I am. Wae? Should we meet up?
M: Andwae. Let's go for a date. Where would you like to go today?
T: Mwoh?
M: If you don't want to-
T: No, I do. Where are we going?
M: Shall we go to an amusement park?
T: Let's go. I'll be there.

I hung up.

I got ready and waited for him. While waiting, I took out a pen and a piece of paper. I started writing a letter. Tears fell as I wrote the letter. After writing, as if on cue, Taehyung appeared.

We went to the amusement park. His driver drove us to the nearest amusement park.

"Min Jung, why did you want to go on a date?" he asked.

"Oh, I thought we could hangout. I mean, we never went on a date before so why not? Besides, it's only a friendly date."

"Oh." he said in a disappointed tone.

We reached the park and started to ride on all the rides.

"Shall we ride the rollercoaster?" I asked.

"Uh, let's go for a warm up ride. How about the bumper cars?"

"And you said a warm up ride. Call! Kajaa."

We sat in our respective bumper cars and started bumping into each other. It was really fun. Next, we went into a haunted house. Damn, it scared the life out of Taehyung. But of course, the sounds were creepy. I didn't feel that afraid because I can't see. After a few other rides, we rode the rollercoaster. This is going to be fun.

"You sure about this Min Jung?"

"Of course."

We rode the rollercoaster. It was fun, screaming but after a while I felt nauseous. Oh well. After that, we went to eat our dinner. Yes, we played that long.

"Did you have fun today?" I asked.

"Yeah. It was a great day. We should do this more often." he said.

But we can't.

"Yeah, we should." I replied.

We ordered our food and ate.

"Taehyung, do you think it's possible to have fun the day before and have a terrible shock the next?" I asked.

"It is, the worst case scenario is if this was all a dream."

"That's your worst case scenario?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Nothing, it was just out of curiosity."

After our meal, Taehyung sent me back home. I stopped in front of the door and faced him.

"Taehyung, thanks for today. I really had fun. We should do this again next time." I said before I turned around to open the door.

"Min Jung,"

"Yeah?"

Suddenly, a pair of lips landed on mine. I froze at the sudden contact. Kim Taehyung just stole my first kiss. A few seconds later, he broke the kiss.

"Thank you for today. Sorry, if I took you by surprise. Good night, I know we are friends but it doesn't stop me from saying this. I love you." he said before pulling me into his embrace.

"Good night, I love you too." I replied which surprised him.

"Min Jung, look, I am really sorry, I didn't know she would react that way." he apologised.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it." I reassured him.

"Taehyung, I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Just, everything."

"Oh, good night." he said.

"Goodbye."

I entered my house as he entered his car. I shut the door as tears ran down my cheeks.

Taehyung, must you really do that? Now, I am hesitant to go. Taehyung, I love you. But, as I said, I can't date someone whose mother hates me. I'm sorry.

"Appa, I need to get this letter to Taehyung. Can we drop by his house tomorrow?" I asked.

"Sure. Have you packed your stuff?" he asked back.

"Yes."

"Alright, get some rest honey."

*Next day*

I woke up and got dressed. My dad and I got our things out of the house.

"Anneyong. I will miss this house." I muttered.

"Don't worry. We will move to a better place." my dad reassured her.

We entered the cab and made our way to Taehyung's house. I went to his mailbox and placed the letter inside it.

"Taehyung ah, mian. Anneyong." I muttered.

We went to the airport and boarded the plane. Bye Korea, House, Taehyung.

--Taehyung--

I was trying to reach Min Jung. She hasn't been answering my calls or text messages. I wonder if she is okay. Suddenly, the door bell rung. I answered the door and saw a post man. He handed me a letter. I went to my room and opened it. It wrote:

Taehyung ah,

I know you are probably wondering why I wrote this letter. Well, I just wanted to apologise because I left the country without a word. I know things are hard for you, so, I left. It makes you less burdened, besides, your mom hates me and I don't date guys whose mother despise me. Taehyung, do me a favour, patch up your friendship with Jinyoung. Talk to him, alright? Oh, and Taehyung, I love you. I always have. Even though it hurts, you will always be my first love. Goodbye.

~Min Jung

As I read the letter, my heart sank. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I clutched the letter tightly in my hands.

Min Jung ah, I don't understand this. I-I love you.

_____

Yass. This scene is familiar huh? Anyways, thanks for the votes and comments! I really appreciate it. Yeorobun, gomawoyo.