Chapter 10: Almost There

A/N: This story occurs after the events of ROTG, HTTYD, and Brave, but before the events of Tangled. I am not going to do Merida's accent to make it easier to understand. 

~I do not own ROTG, HTTYD, Brave, or Tangled.~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack's POV:

We were flying around for a while and it was getting dark.

"Maybe we should stop for the night, Hiccup should be fine," Punzie said.

"Yeah, I agree it's getting dark and we all need our rest," I said.

"Fine, but we leave first thing tomorrow," Merida gave in. "Now, where do we stop?" I looked around and noticed a cave.

"There," I said pointing. We all landed safely in front of it.

"What if there's something in there?" Punzie asked.

"I'll check it out," I said. I walked into the cave fully aware, but there was nothing or no one in it. "All clear!"

After they came in we all decided to rest for the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rapunzel's POV:

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. I looked around the cave and saw Merida still sleeping, but Jack was nowhere to be seen. I got up and walked out of the cave.

"Jack!" I yelled. "Jaaack!" Where is he?

Just then the temperature just got 20 degrees colder. Wait, it just got instantly got colder, the only way that happens is by...

"Boo!" Jack said right behind me, making me jump.

"Jack! You just scared me half to death," I said.

"I know, sorry about that Punzie, I was really hoping that Merida was coming out first."

"It's okay I guess. Why are you up so early?"

"I'm a person who doesn't need much sleep."

"What are you guys talking about?" I heard a sleepy voice Merida ask.

"Nothing," we both said simultaneously.

"Ok, whatever," she said. "So we have a quick breakfast and then we start again to Pitch's lair to get Hiccup."

"Wait, we don't have any food, so are we going to have to hunt? I hate killing innocent animals." I said.

"Don't worry blondie, I going to get some fish from that pond over there," Merida said pointing to a pond. "We can then cook them."

"Ok, I guess that's okay." I said.

Merida walked away over to the pond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merida's POV:

I used my bow and a couple arrows and got a decent amount of fish. I then headed back to where Jack and Rapunzel are.

"So, how are we going to start a fire?" Rapunzel asked.

"I could try, I'm the spirit of summer and maybe I could use my abilities to start a fire." I said. "I've never tried before, but it's are only shot."

"I guess so, I'm the spirit of winter and I have snow powers so maybe you have fire abilities." Jack said.

"Ok, I guess it's worth a shot," Rapunzel said.

We piled up some wood and I focused on it. I kept trying to ignite it, but so far nothing. Out of nowhere I see a spark and the fire starts!

"I did it!" I exclaimed.

I quickly took the fish and started to cook them.

About an hour later we were all done eating and the fire was completely out we got ready to leave.

"Ok, is everybody ready?" I asked. They both nodded. "Now let's go save Hiccup and defeat Pitch!"

Jack had the wind carry us the way there. I may seem all calm and confident on the outside, but to tell you the truth I was actually kind of scared and nervous. I just put on a brave face and hope for the best, because that is all I can do now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No One's POV:

Pitch was now staring at who he calls his Nightmare Prince, Hiccup.

"You know, the name Hiccup just doesn't suit you. You're now as dark as me, you will now be known as Nightmare Prince, or Dark Prince just to be shorter." Pitch said.

"Of course," Evil Hiccup replied.

"Good, now the other spirits should be here soon and your goal is to stop them, but not completely, that's my job." Pitch said.

"Can I at least finish one of them off, you will still have Jack,"Evil Hiccup said.

"Fine, you can have the blonde girl, Rapunzel, the spirit of spring. As long as I have Jack."

"That will be perfect." Evil Hiccup said. Then there was a long pause.

"They're here," Pitch suddenly said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm really sorry I didn't post in a while. I was busy today and the past couple days I had minor writer's block, but it's all okay now. Don't worry the story isn't almost done. The next chapter may be a battle, but it isn't the main event in the story. There still is more to come. Thanks for reading! :P