✿Chapter Four✿

✱✱✱

[Noah's P.O.V.]

I wake up the next morning a couple of minutes before my alarm is set to go off. I get out of bed and head to my bathroom to do my morning routine.

I'm glad today is Friday, but I don't know why they would begin the school year on a Thursday. Maybe to ease the students into a whole week. The thought makes me chuckle.

When I'm finished in the bathroom I walk over to my dresser to pick out something to wear. After looking through everything I finally settle on a black skirt with little daisies all over it and a sleeveless maroon crop top. It should be fine, there were girls wearing crop tops yesterday and no one said anything to them. I also decide to go without makeup today.

I check myself out in the mirror and I think I look pretty cute. I just need to brush my hair again.

When I'm finished getting ready I walk into the kitchen and see that my dad has made muffins. I pick one up and bite into it, tasting blueberries. I look at the muffin and see the spots of blue. Yummy, yummy.

"Hey pumpkin, I'm gonna head to work. Call me if anything happens." My dad says as he comes up behind me and wraps me in a hug.

"Bye, daddy." I say and turn around to hug him back. He places a kiss on my temple and leaves.

I sit on the couch watching tv until the bus arrives at my house. When I hear the honk I quickly pick up my book bag and run out the door. I lock it and then make my way to the bus.

When I get to school I look around for Delilah and everyone else but I don't see them. I feel slightly disappointed as I walk to my locker.

When I get to my locker there's a tall, buff guy leaning against it, talking to some other guys.

"Excuse me. I n-need to get to my locker." I stutter meekly. It's not my fault I'm intimidated by these big guys.

The one leaning against my locker starts to chuckle darkly.

"Do you now? I guess I'm in your way then. What are you gonna do about it, fairy?" He questions. His friends start laughing and I can feel tears prickling my eyes. Man up, Noah! You can't let these guys treat you like this.

I'm taking a deep breath when there's a loud bang. The boy leaning against my locker looks startled and turns around quickly to face the noise. Standing behind him is Clark, and he doesn't look very happy.

"You're not calling my friend names, are you Dustin?" He asks, his eyes narrowed menacingly. Dustin's eyes widen and he shakes his head quickly.

"Good, then. I'll see you later." Clark says and gives him an obvious fake smile. I watch Dustin and his little group walk off, but not before Dustin gets a chance to send me a glare.

I turn my eyes back to Clark and he's smiling at me calmly.

"T-thanks, Clark." I say and his smile softens. He wraps his arms around me a pulls me to his chest.

"Don't let them get to you, Noah. If anything else happens, just know, you can come to me." He reassures. The bell rings and we pull apart.

"Meet me outside the cafeteria before lunch, please." He states before walking off.

See, Clark has been nothing but nice to me. He stood up for me, even if it caused more trouble. Dustin did not look happy. I just wonder why he's so afraid of Clark. He could take him in a fight, I think.

✱✱✱

When lunch finally rolls around I'm excited to see Clark. I couldn't stop wondering about why he wanted me to meet him outside of the cafeteria all day.