✿Chapter Twelve✿

✱✱✱

[Noah's P.O.V.]

"C'mon, Clark! Pretty please." I plead and give him a pout, but he just shakes his head.

"I really don't think it's a good idea, baby. You know they don't like me." He states with furrowed eyebrows.

"Well," I start hesitantly, "it's just Delilah and Savannah that don't like you, I think. Leo hasn't said anything really and Ethan definitely hasn't. Alice is too nice to say anything bad."

"Well, how about a compromise? I'll hang out with your friends... If it's just Ethan and Leo. It could be like a guys night." He offers and my shoulders slump.

"Fine." I give in with a sigh. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into a hug.

Right now we're waiting for the bell to ring for first period. Usually, I don't see Clark in the mornings but he came early to see me. He really is a sweetheart and it turns out we have the same homeroom. He's just never early enough to show up for it.

When the bell rings I glance at Clark nervously.

"Clark, are you okay with being out at school?" I ask him shyly

"Of course, baby." He says and pecks me on the cheek, causing me to blush.

"Great. I'll see you later." I tell him with a large smile before leaving and heading to first period.

Ms. Spears greets me with a sweet smile when I walk into the classroom and I take a seat in the middle of the room.

Once the bell rings she hands out a sheet of paper with our vocabulary words that we need to define. She lets us take our phones out to define them and that's what I spend the rest of the period doing.

"Hey Leo!" I call when I see him leaving the bathroom, probably about to head to third period. He stops walking and turns around to me.

"Hey, Noah. What's up?" He asks with a bright smile and I can't help but to smile back.

"Well, Clark asked me to be his boyfriend yesterday and I said yes." I tell him and he smiles softly.

"That's great, Noah, as long as he's good to you." He says and I smile brightly.

"He will be, I'm sure. I was hoping we could all be friends, you know. So would you like to come get pizza with me and Clark, and maybe Ethan if he'll come." I ask He bites his lip, looking hesitant.

"What about the girls?" He questions.

"Well, Clark knows Savannah and Delilah don't like him. We were thinking it would be like a guys night." I tell him and can't help but think that sounds a little stupid.

"Okay. I don't have to babysit today, so sure." He answers with a nod of his head.

"Thanks so much," I say as I wrap my arms around him. "I really appreciate you making an effort. I would invite Alice, but I don't want the others to be mad that I didn't invite them. Guys night sounds good."

Leo shakes his hand and returns the hug.

"They still probably won't like it, even if you call it a 'guys night'." Leo points out and I shrug guiltily.

"I know."

Me and Leo part ways after that, going to our next class.

When it was lunch time I was feeling very cautious. I didn't want to say anything about us all going out with Savannah, Delilah, and Alice. But when else would I invite Ethan?

Honestly, I don't think Ethan would want to come, but I would feel bad if I didn't ask him.

Oh well, I'll just have to suck it up and use the 'it's a guys night' excuse. I could invite everyone but if Savannah and Delilah did say yes, it would probably be tense and awkward.

I'd like Leo to at least get to know Clark a little before Delilah gets him on their side.

I walked into the cafeteria and went straight to the table, seeing only Ethan and Leo were sitting there. How convenient.

"Hey, Ethan, wanna come out for pizza with me, Leo, and Clark?" I ask, getting straight to the point. I guess the girls are still in the lunch line.

Ethan raises an eyebrow and glances at Leo before looking back at me.

"What about the girls?" He asks.

"Well, you know, it could be like a guys night..bonding and all that." I tell him softly and he snorts.

"You're not much of a guy." Ethan says bluntly, causing my eyes to widen. Leo gasps.

"What the hell, Ethan?!" Leo exclaims and Ethan's own eyes widen.

"I didn't mean it like that! I'm sorry, you just.. Don't seem very interested in guy stuff, so I just found it funny. I'm sorry." Ethan apologizes and it seems sincere.

"Uh, that's okay." I mumbled.

"I'd like to go with you guys.. That is, if you still want me to." Ethan says with an apologetic smile.

I nod. "Yeah, I still want you to."

"Where are the girls?" I ask after a moment of silence and Leo answers.

"Oh, uh, I think Savannah had a girl emergency or something. I don't even know." Leo replies.

"Ah. Okay." I say as I get up. I walk quickly to the lunch line to get a tray, just because I wanted some orange juice. It would be so much easier if I could buy it separately.

Oh well.

✱✱✱

Sitting in the booth at the pizza place was awkward. Ethan and Leo were one one side and me and Clark were on the other, and no one was talking.

"Welp," I start awkwardly."Clark, you know Ethan and Leo. You guys know Clark.." I trail off and look up at Clark for help.

"Yeah, baby. How are you guys?" Clark asks the and puts his arm around my waist, pulling me close. Ethan raises an eyebrow and rolls his eyes.

"I'm great." Ethan states and pulls his phone out of his pocket. Yeah, this sucks.

"I'm pretty good too. How are you, Clark?" Leo replies with a friendly smile.

"I'm absolutely fantastic," Clark says, grinning widely,"especially since this little cutie here agreed to be my boyfriend." He says and gives me a quick peck on the check.

Leo laughs a bit at that.

Eventually a conversation is started between Leo and Clark about their taste in music, with Ethan chiming in every now and then. I stayed quiet mostly, content with just watching my friends and boyfriend getting along.

When we finished up at the pizza place me and Clark went back to my house to hang out for a while. We snuggled up on my couch, watching tv and chatting about random things.

I learned more about Clark. Like, his favorite movie is Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World and he's allergic to raspberries. I told him that I've never seen that movie and he said next time I was over at his he would force me to watch it.

All in all, it was a pretty good day.

✱✱✱

A/N: so next chapter is gonna be time skipped a bit.

I don't know how many more chapters there are gonna be, but probably not many. Like, maybe 4 or 5.╰(⊡-⊡)و✎