❀Chapter Five❀

✱✱✱

[Noah's P.O.V]

"Savannah started this school two years ago...and that's when she became acquainted with Clark. I guess you could say Clark has a thing for new students."

"He targets them I guess because they don't know his history. Savannah isn't the first and she wasn't the last either." Delilah says and Savannah gets up from the table and walks out.

"She doesn't like talking about it, but she doesn't want the same thing to happen to you that happened to her." Delilah states.

I'm really curious now. What could he have done that was so bad?

"Okay, back to the story," Delilah starts, "Once I realized he was interested in Savannah, I tried to tell her to stay away, but she didn't listen."

"Clark messes with people in two different ways.. he either gets dirt on them and uses it against them..or he pretends to date them and breaks their hearts." She says and gives me a pointed look.

"Don't develop a crush on him, Noah. He'll break your heart."

"I've know him for one day! I don't have a crush on him!" I defend.

Delilah furrows her eyebrows and sighs. "I didn't say you had one. I said don't get one, but that was very defensive, Noah."

"Whatever. You still haven't told me what he did to her."

"He dated her for three months, took her virginity, and dumped her." Delilah finished bluntly. My eyes widen in surprise and before I have time to say something, the bell rings.

"C'mon, let's get to class. Remember what I said." Delilah comments and stands from the table. I get up and follow her out.

✱✱✱

The rest of the day consisted of me thinking about Clark. I don't know what to believe. I mean, I just met both of them, so how well can I really trust them?

I just want friends. Is that too much to ask for? Why does something always go wrong?

I walk out of my last period class and feel a hand on my shoulder. I jump in surprise and turn around. It's Clark.

"Hey... You never told me if you could come or not." He states with a raised eyebrow. He looks hopeful.

Should I lie? I really don't want to be used. Well, if I do go I can learn more about him.

"Yeah, my dad said I could go." I say and give him a small smile.

"That's great. Well, my cars out front." He comments and loops him arm through mine. I giggle at that. He's kind of a goof.

He leads me to his car and clicks the unlock button. Once he does that he opens the passenger side door for me. What a gentleman.

"Hand over you backpack and I'll put it in the back." He says and I pass it to him.

"Thank you." I say with a smile.

"No problem." He says and carefully shuts my door. He opens the door beside mine and puts my book bag on the backseat. Then he walks around to the drivers side and gets in.

"Do you wanna go for pizza before we go to my house? It'll be my treat." He asks while he starts the car.

"I could go for some pizza, but you don't have to pay for me." I answer.

"Please, it would be my pleasure." He says and glances over at me with a smile.

"Okay." I say happily. I mean, it's free pizza. I wouldn't put up that much of a fight.

He chuckles and pulls out of the school parking lot and onto the main road.

If doesn't take us long to get to the pizza place. When we get there I'm surprised at all the cars. I didn't even think about the fact that it's a Friday afternoon, so a lot of kids are probably going out with their friends and stuff too.

Me and Clark walk to a booth and sit down, it isn't long until a waiter comes with menus.

"So," Clark starts, looking up from his menu. " do you want to get one large pizza to share, or do you want a personal pan?" He asks.

I hum for a second, thinking.

"Well it's your money and I don't know what you like. I know whatever we decide I'll want pepperoni." I state. Did that sound rude? I hope not.

Clark chuckles. "That's fine. We'll get a large pepperoni pizza to share then. Anything else?" He asks.

"No, thanks though." I answer and send him a smile.

"I really like your skirt, by the way. It's kind of adorable." He says after getting our waiters attention.

"Thank you." I say, shyly. I can just bet I'm starting to blush too.

"You're welcome," He replies and winks at me. "You look cute when you blush."

Kill me now.

I can feel the tips of my ears heating up!

I watch quietly as Clark tells the waiter our orders. Clark thanks him and then he takes our menus and leaves.

"This sorta feels like a date." I blurt out and quickly regret it, but Clark's face is just one of amusement.

"Care to elaborate?" He asks.

"Well... You opened the car door for me, complimented me, and you're paying for my food." I remark and he nods his head slightly.

"Yeah, I can understand that. What can I say, I'm a real gentleman. This isn't a date though. Not that I wouldn't want to go on one with you... it's just a bit soon, don't you think?" I nod my head.

The rest of the time spent at the pizza place was time well spent. I got to learn a lot about Clark.

He's an only child, his favorite color is navy blue, and he has a cat named Dan. He also told me that he lives in an apartment by himself. He said his parents are rich and they travel the world, but didn't want to take him along.

I was kind of freaked out when he said he lived alone. He didn't tell me that when he invited me, but Clark is a nice guy, nothing bad is going to happen.

✱✱✱

                     H e l l o
╘[◉﹃◉]╕